Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
For those who waited and reaped the benefits of the $100 iTunes/App Store gift card, what are your plans with it?

Re-sale online? Pass it off as a gift? Or actually put it to use, and if so, on what?

After a preliminary search in the App store, I can safely say there's not a single thing I can think of spending the card on. But maybe suggestions will change my mind.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
I will probably rent or buy a few movies and songs and grab a few iPhone apps.

Yes you can get movies and music for free but so was the gift card so you might as well use it.

Objector

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
I will probably use the card on Delicious Libary 2, since that is an amazing piece of software and the developers deserve the money in my opinion. With this app I will have a complete overview of my game, comic, book and movie collection!

I don't know what I'll buy with the remaining amount, so suggestions are welcome!

Amnesiac1

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
I'm going to purchase the forthcoming new seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Breaking Bad:

PH6K8DHq0jpT9c_1_m.jpg

breaking_bad_510.jpg

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Breaking Bad

Breaking Bad, an outstanding show that more people need to watch....

I'm planning to spend it on apps for my new iMac, or iPad, or iPhone....

Panch0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
Virginia
For those who waited and reaped the benefits of the $100 iTunes/App Store gift card, what are your plans with it?

Re-sale online? Pass it off as a gift? Or actually put it to use, and if so, on what?

After a preliminary search in the App store, I can safely say there's not a single thing I can think of spending the card on. But maybe suggestions will change my mind.

Pages
Numbers
Keynote
BetterSnapTool
Hype
Acorn
Caffeine (Free, but still available from the App Store)
about 25 Movie Rentals
about 10 albums

Remember, the gift card can be used in the Mac App Store, the iOS app store, the iBooks store or the iTunes Store. There is a ton of great software available on the App Store, but it doesn't seem to do a great job of advertising itself. If you need an app to do some task, and you search the App store, you will likely find several options that you would have never found just browsing the featured & category lists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.