So what AT&T HSDPA card are you using in your MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by burningrave101, Mar 10, 2008.

1. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

I'm going to have to pick up a mobile broadband card for my new MBP since I'm living out in the country at the moment and there isn't any DSL/Cable currently available. I've been using a Sierra Wireless 875 PC Card in PC laptops for a while now since they always had both a PC Card and Express Card slot but since the MBP only has Express my options are a little more limited. AT&T doesn't currently have an Express Card from Sierra Wireless which I would prefer so my only other options are the Sierra 881 USB or the Option GT Ultra Express. I'm leaning more towards the Option GT Ultra due to the fact an Express Card is more sleek when installed vs the 881U which sorta just hangs out on the side. Anyone have any suggestions of the card you've found to work best on your MBP? I've considered getting the Linksys HSDPA router as well but it's pretty expensive at $200 and I'm afraid I'll probably have dropped connections a lot like I did with the D-Link one I had a while back. I hear MACs can be picky about routers too.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't have AT&T broadband 'cause they cap at 6GB a month, but I use the Sierra Wireless 595U from Sprint it's got no issues. Just download the Watcher software off the Sierra Wireless website and everything will be good.