So what can we expect from Newstand?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patrickdunn, Jun 9, 2011.

1. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Was this covered anywhere? I couldn't find much info on it. Will it be a place for Newpapers/Magazines to be delivered?

Pretty much, do we know what it will be?

Or can people not talk about it due to the NDA?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

from what ive read it will be a place that all newspaper/magazine apps will be stored, think of it more as a folder than an app itself

3. Cathode macrumors regular

Cathode

Magazines.

You know, as someone who has become so OCD about my app placement, I HATE when Apple introduces new system apps which cannot be deleted. The worst part is Newsstand is technically a 'folder' so I can't bury it away.

Please Apple, make it an optional install like iBooks.

4. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

I'd like to know that myself. It was just an icon sitting there. I went to the app store and downloaded a couple "news" programs and they didn't go to the Newsstand app and couldn't be placed there...

5. dak013 macrumors newbie

Slightly concerned

What I am worried about are my recent purchases. I just subscribed to the New Yorker and the Economist because of their iPad apps, but I avoided the in app subscription and logging in with their website credentials (I have the memberships that also send a print copy). I'm worried that Newstand gathers all the purchases that use their new subscription API and I won't benefit from the things such as one place for all my magazines or automatic downloading while asleep.
    Is this a legitimate concern or should I not worry?