So what do I need to sell an app?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by phanfave, Aug 13, 2008.

  1. phanfave macrumors newbie

    Jul 10, 2008
    I'm a paid iPhone developer and can distribute apps for free. But I want to also be able to sell apps. What do I need? A tax-id? A business license? If so what kind? Where do I start ? Thanks for your help!

  2. TEG macrumors 604


    Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    Bank Account with Routing Number and a special number (from your bank) if you intend to sell outside of your country.

  3. TripleJ macrumors regular

    Jul 30, 2008
    If you are from Australia, you also need an ABN and to register for GST. If you are from outside the US, you also need an EIN which you can get by phoning up the IRS. (wow that's a lot of acronyms :p)
  4. phanfave thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 10, 2008
    So I don't need a special tax ID or a business license to sell apps?

Share This Page