So what do YOU do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kiddo86, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Kiddo86 macrumors member

I'm *not* patiently waiting for the arrival of my 2nd Macbook Pro. Joining my current 15" SR MBP/4GB/160GB 7200 will be a 2.66 i7 17" MBP 4GB/500GB 7200 so I will now have two laptops to play with... I often find myself wanting to use two computers at once... sometimes two computers and a TV... ADHD is the plague of my generation.

Anyways, I thought it'd be fun since there's lots of you out there who also just got or are soon to receive your new MBPs to get a thread going for things that you all do when you're waiting for or have just received your new computer. What accessories do you buy, what software do you download, what plans do you make to get the most of your new toy?

Personally... I've been downloading lots of games and movies that I will load up immediately upon arrival to play with mostly just to test it out. I keep clearing my desk making a nice spot where the new 17" will sit front and center with my secondary MBP off to the right and textbooks on the left. I also find myself compulsively browsing for cases, sleeves and other accessories... what accessories do you consider essential? What software are you sure to pick up? I'd love to hear what everyone else's immediate plans are when buying a new MBP. :)

2. tann macrumors 68000

Well I'm not getting my 15" i7 till mid July due to having exams between now and then.

But I've already started to get over excited for it! I've been browsing for cases and skins and thinking of what software to get. Heck all today I've been organising my folders on my current pc so I can transfer them across. Although I did somehow lose all of my tv shows and films, which sort of sucks.

Nevertheless I'm sure closer to the time I'll be cleaning my desk and making a lovely spot for it :D

I can't wait!!

3. HerrWulf macrumors newbie

I purchased all of the cases/sleeves/accessories that I wanted when I ordered my Mac. I also went to the effort to put all the applications I want for my new MBP onto a spare pen drive, so that I can get to setting stuff up as soon, and as quickly, as possible.