Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Txjole

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I'm wanting to wrap my new mini's (when I get the LTE's) and been reading about skins. I want to keep the "Apple" look so I will go clear. Question is I don't want a skin that will peel on the edges in time and trap all the dirt it can find. So what are the thoughts on Ghost Armor?

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I had Ghost Armor on the rear shell of my iPad 2. It is a great product that never discolored or peeled. It also gave the back of the iPad a decent amount of grip compared to the naked aluminum.

Go for it.

Txjole

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I had Ghost Armor on the rear shell of my iPad 2. It is a great product that never discolored or peeled. It also
gave the back of the iPad a decent amount of grip compared to the naked aluminum.

Go for it.

Thanks that what I wanted to hear.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
I had the full body protection installed on my iPhone 5 and I have been very pleased with it. No orange peel and feels great.

I will be getting it for the Mini once the local kiosk has it available.

rebelmac

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
I prefer the matte finish of Wrapsol. Far superior to zagg, but I'm not sure vs. ghost armor. I ordered a Wrapsol backing for mine.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Its nice on my iPhone, the frosted skin looks great on the anodized silver.

The front clear does have orange peel and distortion. Eagerly awaiting PowerSupport Crystal.

Txjole

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Well I went to the mall and had them put a back cover on for $20. Looks great BUT they do not make an LTE version, so the sim tray is covered and the antenna seam is holding air. I've contacted Ghost Armor to see if they have plans to make a cellular version and if so would they replace mine at that time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.