so what does Bluetooth on Ipod touch support?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by erifneerg, Mar 20, 2009.

1. erifneerg macrumors member

So it we know it does Steoreo Bluetooth, but is there more info on other protocal(?) support like DUN/etc?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

All be know now is that it will support AD2P, beyond that it is not yet known.

TEG

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Potentially anything developers want it to, including external devices. in addition to stereo headphones, I gathered that P2P gameplay with other Touch/iPhones would be possible over Bluetooth.

4. erifneerg thread starter macrumors member

i personally want a way to pair my mobile phone to my ipodtouch for some Internet access. suck in the contract w/ a family plan and not about to get out (or force my parents/etc to switch).

5. ODEEBEE macrumors newbie

Amen to that. I am definitely looking to to tether my iPod Touch to my veri zon samsung alias via bluetooth to take advantage of my 3G on the phone. Any estimation on how difficult a "hack" that would be?? Would apple actually let that fly? I can't imagine they'd let it be simple. . .

6. erifneerg thread starter macrumors member

but i can't imagine it being insanely impossible. This like Bitpim/etc make me think is very possible no matter how difficult.

7. sr20det91 macrumors newbie

sr20det91

For those trying to pair your touch with your mobile phone there's an easy way as long as your phone has wifi. The program I use is called wifirouter and can be found at wmwifirouter.com I'm actually paired up with it as I write this post.

8. Alleyoop macrumors member

Maybe this is a dumb question, but if you connect via wmwifirouter on the cell phone, do you have to pay your cell phone company if your plan with them entails paying per minute for wifi access? Do you have internet access anywhere with that method?