So what does it mean...3 Days and NO 15" refurbs...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zepharus, Mar 11, 2008.

1. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I pulled the trigger on a 15" 2.4 refurb on Friday. I have checked every day since then and there are simply NO listings under 15" MBP

thoughts?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the apple store doesn't restock the refurbished section on weekends.

3. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Ok, well No 15"ers on Monday or Tuesday then.

There were new ones every day last week... now zero

are they all gone?

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

actually, the refurb store gets updated 1 am pacific following each weeknight. so, this morning would be the first time the store would be updated for the week. and i wouldn't think the lack of mbp stock to mean anything. if not now, there will surely be some soon.

5. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Im wondering if that means the older stock is cleared out and the Penryn stock that all these yahoos are returning is coming...

6. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I would think it would mean they don't have any refurbs at this/that particular time, check back later :eek: seems like common sense to me.

7. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Holy smokes... where did you get so smart? :D

8. aforty macrumors 65816

9. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Process of deduction from a silly question my dear Watson. Your question lead to the obvious. I'm surprised you didn't figure it out. :p

10. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

many forum members will tell you that the refurbished are at par/ sometimes better than their "new" counterparts..
    it has something to do with the quality inspection, so when you see a refurbished posted, most of the times it doesn't stay there for a long time since people are buying them.. considering the savings you'll be getting.

it's just weird, up to now i haven't seen an MBA on refurbished.
    i have an MBP already and if only if i consider getting an MBA, it would definitely be a refurbished one

11. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

This is a very good point. I knew "resellers" will often watch things like this like a hawk and buy up when things become available. Normal users too who have been waiting and know the restock and update times will also watch the site and soon as 1 hits, they'll nab it up instantly.

It's almost like trying to buy a Wii at xMas time. Soon as you see Amazon has one, by the time you click "Add to Cart" it's already gone.