So what does the new LEDs mean for . . .

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tadros86, May 8, 2007.

  1. Tadros86 macrumors 6502

    Tadros86

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2007
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #1
    the 17 inch MBP? It will still have the same screen? If so, for all you people waiting to get a MBP (like myself) which one would you look for to buy over the other and why? And if it does get the new LEDs (which I doubt now) how much do you think a 17 inch will go up in price :eek: . I've been waiting to get a 17inch, but now I am thinking I might get a 15inch, unless it's crazy expensive then I'll just deal with the screen thats out now, it doesn't look as bad as people make it.
     
  2. mrkramer macrumors 603

    mrkramer

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere
    #2
    I think that the prices will stay the same, But if I were you I would wait until at least WWDC since current rumors are predicting a release for the 15" around then.
     
  3. Tadros86 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Tadros86

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2007
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #3
    My plan to was to get a 17 inch, cause it has more features then the 15. Like more ports. But now what?
     
  4. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    #4
    Just keep waiting for Santa Rosa and you should be fine, hehe.
     
  5. drumforfun19 macrumors regular

    drumforfun19

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2007
    #5
    Bingo. That's what I'm talking about. with Santa Rosa so close I wouldn't get a new laptop until they unveiled SR in the new MBP's.
     
  6. Tadros86 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Tadros86

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2007
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #6
    Hey I'm sorry guys, I guess I didn't state my question clearly. My question was not if I should buy now or wait for SR, I am definitly going to get an SR laptop, but with the new LEDs coming along side SR which would be better a 17 inch SR MBP with current screens or a 15 inch SR MBP with LEDs.
     
  7. sinstoic macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2007
    #7
    From the current set of news and rumors, it seems like Apple may update Macbooks and Macbooks Pro during June/October 2007 and update the rest during Macworld 2008.

    In short for those who are looking at Macbooks/Macbook Pros, it is best to wait for the announcements at WWDC in June 2007. If nothing new turns up, wait for the announcements at the Leopard launch in October 2007.
     
  8. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

    richard4339

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2006
    Location:
    Illinois
    #8
    That's honestly not really possible to answer, because neither product exists yet. It all depends on what ends up in the shipping versions of those two products.
     
  9. drumforfun19 macrumors regular

    drumforfun19

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2007
    #9
    hahahaha, yeah. you're right about that. but we can just say it's a hypothetical question then.
     
  10. sinstoic macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2007
    #10
    I don't think you will encounter such an option. You think Apple is stupid to promote 15" over 17"? What you need to decide is what size you want 15" or 17" regardless of the technology behind it. Once you are sure of the size, wait for Apple's announcement to see when your choice of screen size with new technololgy will be released.
     
  11. Tadros86 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Tadros86

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2007
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #11
    I sure hope thy aren't that stupid, :p but the news on the front page said they shipped 15.4 LEDs and nothing about 17' I would rather a 17 inch cause more screen space, more ports, everything just seems better on a 17inch. It's big but I can deal taking that baby where ever I go. :p
     
  12. Smurfed macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2007
    #12
    The order for the 15.4 was first, Don't go bananas and think they'll totally neglect the 17" one, cause why would they.

    Just wait in June, and dreams will come true.
     
  13. ready2switch macrumors 6502

    ready2switch

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2006
    #13
    Also remember that these "confirmed orders" are from other rumor sites. Unless I misread, there has been no solid evidence of any orders (or lack of orders).
     

Share This Page