So what free cases will Apple be offering tom? Any theories?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wikoogle, Jul 22, 2010.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Apple said that by the end of this week, they will offer bumpers and third party cases for free to appease customers experiencing the antenna issue.

The third party cases are being offered because Apple can not produce bumpers fast enough to meet demand.

Given that this is apple, the third party cases they choose to offer will be able to be mass produced, and will be high quality products that are aesthetically pleasing and don't have any major issue (such as distorting the flash on the camera).

Given that criteria, I think it's possible for us to guess some of the third party cases or case manufacturers Apple will be offering. Any theories on which they will be?

Also what will you opt to get... a case, or a bumper? Why? And in what color?

2. samcraig macrumors P6

So you're putting faith in the same company who thinks there is NO issue and is for the sake of PR giving out bumpers (very little cost to them) and cases (who knows what it costs them) to offer cases of HIGH quality?

Friendly advice. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. It's not like they are going to have expensive cases up on the site to choose from. They will have "comparable" to the "value" of the bumper - or even less.

3. bobright macrumors 601

Seriously what is with all THESE theory posts? Do people not have no life at all or have nothing to read that they got to speculate on this and that, what will Steve Jobs say at this press conference? When will preorders start for the white iPhone take your guess? Whats your theory...LMFAO

This is ridiculous.

4. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

They didn't say it was not an issue. They said that it's not a big deal. And it isn't. Use it in an area with a good signal and no amount of death grip will effect reception. Or use it in a case, hold it differently, or just return the damn phone if you don't like it.

So yes, it really isn't a big deal. It's not like iPhones are going around killing people.

I'm sorry, you accidentally visited macrumors. A community devoted to speculating on rumors.

Macfacts.com is over that way -->

You can get to it faster with the keyboard shortcut Alt + F4.

5. bababoey14 macrumors regular

It's going to be a crappy case...have no doubt. If Apple was smart they would man up and give out decent cases to avoid any further controversy.

6. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

I'm sorry, you accidentally visited macrumors. A community devoted to speculating on rumors.

Macfacts.com is over that way -->

You can get to it faster with the keyboard shortcut Alt + F4.

7. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

If they offer a case that's better than my ifrogs one, then I will return it. Either way, I'm getting my free case.

8. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Wow, if that's your life philosophy, your life must feel pretty bleak.

Never looking forward to anything!!

What's even the point of living if you never look forward to anything?

9. bobright macrumors 601

This is not a rumor.

You are asking people to GUESS what third party company Apple will offer cases for? Theories?

LOL this thread is completely pointless and should be sent to Wasteland.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So, who is tom, and why is Apple only offering him a free case?:p

I don't know what I'll get because all of the choices aren't available.

11. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Lol, you do realize that speculation, rumor and theory are all synonyms right?

We are speculating on what cases Apple might offer.

If you don't like it, the exit is that way --->

No one is holding a gun to your head to visit this site, to click on this thread, to read it and/or respond to it.

P.S: Of course Tom is getting a free case. He was Steve Job's first ever friend on Myspace. Why would he not get hooked up with a case?

12. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

13. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

Your posts are full of fail, please stop before making yourself look even more stupid.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Actually I'm a very optimistic. I'm also a realist and can look at this objectively instead of a kid on christmas looking for the pony in room.

15. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

I bet the kid has a lot more fun than you though. :D

You can't be both a realist and an optimist at the same time. They're contradicting terms. And a big part of being an optimist is expecting the best.

16. rangtang macrumors member

Whatever they offer, it better be something that actually protects the phone and doesn't cause hinderances.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

To someone who sees things in black and white (like you do) I suppose it does seem that way LOL