So what happend to the Faceplant app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DirtySocks85, Sep 15, 2010.

1. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

A couple of months back there was a whole bunch of buzz about an "upcoming" app called faceplant. (Article on TUAW about it can be found here). It hasn't appeared in the app store yet and the developers seem to have let the domain expire on their website. Is this just another case of vaporware, or did Apple give them the axe? It sounded like a really promising app, I'm really disappointed that it may not have made it into public existence.

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

I'm going to assume their app was rejected. The developers were posting in a thread a few weeks back and I tried asking how the app worked, as I couldn't see a way it could be done with the current API's. They replied they had found a way but I guess it broke some rule.

3. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

I had emailed their contact listing and got a response indicating that it wasn't going to happen any time soon. I read where some ody else had indicated that they were using their own API for the video messaging functionality and I believe Apple will have none of that. Their website www.faceplantapps.com is no longer up! :(

Really a freaking bummer as I, like many, have been anxiously awaiting this app. Would have made using FaceTime so much easier and more fun. Sucks actually!

4. OMGitsShan macrumors regular

Damn i was wondering why their app was being so quiet. I too was really looking fwd to seeing it. If Apple rejected it, they should have put it up on Cydia at least!