So what happens to someone who shows up....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by afousek, Mar 11, 2011.

1. afousek macrumors member

at an Apple Store at 6:45pm tonight??

Because that's the best I can do.... :(

Our local store is in a mall, so I wonder if they will close at 9pm along with the mall, or stay open later?

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

I know the feeling. Even though I'm home sick, I still have work to do. I can't leave till 5:30pm or so.

3. deadwalrus macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

At approximately 6:45 you will approach the store. From reading your post, i am guessing you will probably be breathlessly running, scanning for any signs that they are sold out. You will walk in, an Apple employee will ask if they can help you. You will pant out "iPad!!!" unable to get anything else out. The emoyee will then sell you the model you want.

4. Saberj macrumors regular

And then you will wake up from your brief unconsciousness, realizing that you passed out and hit your head when they told you they were all sold out of everything as of 10 minutes ago. So not only will they be sold out, but your dreams will torment you as well. :(

5. jreuschl macrumors 6502

I'm more concerned now. Online orders are 2-3 weeks shipping, so I imagine a few more people are going to be out looking for them tonight :(

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Reeeelax. All signs point to the iPad being well stocked. That is not to say the store you go to will have the exact model you want, but you will find it, and tonight, if you are look.

7. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

I think it depends on which model you want. I'm getting the 64GB AT&T 3G which I don't expect to be a hugely popular model, so either they'll sell out of it faster because they won't stock as much, or much slower because everyone's buying the 16/32 wifi's .

8. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

You may not get the exact model you want but you'll get one if you want one.

From being at the first iPad launch and the 3G iPad launch, the 16GB WiFi and 16GB 3G+WiFi were the most popular models.

9. benson197 macrumors newbie

I suspect Apple stores will have plenty in stock. I'm leaving work at 3:30 and I'm going to check Best Buy first since it is closer to me (only about 5 min away) and I have gift cards and reward zone bucks to use there. If their line is huge, I'm going to the closest Apple store. Even if their line is large, they likely will have enough stock to cover it. Guessing, based on last year, you should be able to get one tomorrow if you want to wait. The iPad is above the normal impulse purchase price for most people, and aside from the 16 GB models, I would guess most will still be in stock for a couple days.

10. Cander macrumors 6502

Anyone showing up at 6:45 is fed to the Rancor.

11. Icculus macrumors 6502

oh no, the rancor!!

+1