So what is the best iPhone tracking app?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nickspohn, Dec 15, 2008.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I'm debating between:

iLocalis - (i've tried this one and i really like it, has a one time fee of like $7.50 (5 EURO)
    Cylay - Costs $20 a year.
    findmyi - Costs $2 a month.

I just want something that can show in a map where my phone is at, and i would like to be able to control my phone from the computer.

Thanks.

2. tylertech macrumors regular

I really liked iLocalis, because there's no monthly fees and there's lots of options to changed. Unfortunately I had to uninstall it because it made my iPhone turn on by itself... but if it doesn't effect you, then I say choose that!

3. DMoney0023 macrumors member

any other new apps that display your location??

iLocalis looks good, but after 10 days then what??

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Maybe not now, but there was a rumored switch in settings for Mobileme on the OS 3.0 to find out where an iPhone was.

5. theartofm macrumors newbie

I used iLocalis for 10 days. I am going to pay to register it.
    After 10 days, you can no longer view the phone location, though your account remains active.

You have to make a VERY SMALL donation (5 euros I think) to continue the service for a year. You can make a larger donation.

After installation and initial configuration, you can uninstall iLocalis. iLocalis daemon should stay installed and continue to provide remotes support (haven't tried that yet)

THE OTHER TWO:
    I used them less than 5 minutes each. Gross misspellings, buggy interfaces, bizzare descriptions.... To be honest, I'm afraid of them. They appear to be cheaply and quickly written apps from ??? could be trojans for all I know.

I will STICK with iLocalis.

Remember that location interval is different from checking interval. The best thing is to set both values to the same number, or set location to a longer interval than checking interval.

Location interval only checks your location, doesn't update it to the server (i think)
    Your location(s) are updated to the server at the checking interval.
    New instructions to the phone are accepted and executed at the checking interval.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

And you are spying on whom ? :cool: Wife, teenager ? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just had to say it ! :confused:

7. Link00seven macrumors regular

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I tried iLocalis and decided to uninstall it because it kept causing my iPhone to turn on by itself even after the uninstall of both the frontend and the daemon. How can I fix this glitch?

8. lookatthosemoos macrumors newbie

be wary of these, folks. peep the privacy policy for cylay. they basically track your web usage and use them for marketing purposes.

http://cylay.com/privacy.php

9. simplydat macrumors member

Haved you looked up on "FoneHome" in the app store? It works quite well for phone tracking.

10. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

11. thevmax macrumors newbie

I use Ilocalis.com (but keep in mind that there are lags between the time you put your info in online and the server actually updates.)
    Plus, you need to balance out the checking rate and location services or it will eat up your battery.

12. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Thanks for replying a 3 years old thread.

13. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

Didn't know there was a time limit.