So what keeps you with the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fernandez21, Jul 23, 2010.

?

What's keeping you on the iPhone?

1. The hardware: retina display, battery, and fast processor in a nice small package

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Software: nothing out there compares to iOS.

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Apps: I cant do without the large variety of apps at my disposal

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  4. Accessories: from docks to cases, gps extenders and alarm clocks, no other phone has more support

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. AT&T: I get great AT&T service and the iphone is the best available on AT&T.

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. It's apple: I wouldn't feel comftorable going with another company for my smartphone needs.

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  7. Popularity: everyones got one, so I need one too

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. None: I've already left the iPhone behind.

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Well in recent months competition in the cell phone business has gotten fierce, and with a new webos, winpho, and blackberry 6 coming up along with android, we can say that the competition for the most part has caught up if not passed apple in certain ways when it comes to smart phones. With all these new options available now and in the next couple of months what's keeping you with tue iphone?

2. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

The amount of money I "invested" buying Apps for my iPhone from the iApp store. :eek:

3. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

MLB at Bat. If it wasn't for the fact that only the iPhone's version of the app does streaming game video, I'm sure I'd have almost anything else by now.

4. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Are you from Microsoft? Looking for tips on how to create follow up flop to the kin?

5. greenday123 macrumors 6502

I've become too used to the iPhone ha, anything less just sucks.

6. Steveo47 macrumors regular

i dont have an iphone 4 yet. I plan on picking one up on the 30th. But me, like lost of other people looked at android phones as well. I really lik ehow customizable the android os is (widgets ect). But ive come to learn that it is unstable compared to the iphone. And the iphone os is so smooth and clean. So for me thats a tie. What really gets me is the look/hardware of the iphone 4. The retina display and just the industrial look sold me on the phone. The screen is also the perfect size, i really dont like that move to bigger screens on phones. 4.3inchs like on the EVO to me is just too big. And the small 3.1 or 3 inch display on my BB storm is just to small. So iphone all the way!

7. GTghost macrumors regular

I've been an iPhone user since they first release the 1gen iphone, I waited in line for 12 hours.

I went from the 1st gen to the i4, what a big upgrade but I love it.
    So much of a big difference in hardware.

8. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Itunes integration. The fact that I have an iphone adapter in every vehicle that allows me to charge and play music with just ONE cable. Large app library including many apps that aren't available elsewhere. But primarily, the fact that every time I travel with one of co-workers on Android devices, it becomes clear how must faster and intuitive it is to actually get things done on the iPhone. Android doesn't even come close.

9. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

You need to add Jailbreak to your poll.

Its the ability to jailbreak and customize my iphone that keeps me interested, or I would be to bored. I almost returned my iPhone 4 a few days ago because I am just so bored with the OS, but I guess I will wait a few more weeks for a JB.

No JB no Iphone 4 me :)

10. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

All the cool apps and no reason to switch. My Ip4 (in a case) works like a charm.

11. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Woah. That is a big diff.

My son still has his 1st gen. I've upgraded every year, so the changes have been less overwhelming. :)

12. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Sorry off topic here.

Bunnicula, I loved that book when I was a kid, about the vampire bunny :)

OK back to topic

13. Savor Suspended

Savor

Dang it, I can only choose ONE? :p

The first three reasons on top (hardware, software, and apps).

If I would rank it -

1. Software (still the slickest so far)
    2. Hardware (love the Retina Display and battery life)
    3. Apps (I don't use my Apps as much as I used to. Internet is all I need!)

Don't care too much if it was popular, on AT&T, or from Apple.

The software is hard to beat and Apple continues to support even older hardware beyond a year that other companies don't do. The hardware will eventually get beaten by whatever Android device. I didn't invest TOO much on the Apps, but it is still a good reason to hang around because Apple has the best App Store in the business. But put those three main reasons together in a nice package, and that's why I am still with the iPhone.

14. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

It's both the hardware and the software for me. I like how fast and smooth it is is use, and very user-friendly. And of course, the looks. It's the most beautiful smartphone now (IMO, obviously).
    Besides, I've had an iPod for a couple of years, so when it came to chosing a smartphone it only made sense for me to buy an iPhone, all my music, movies, etc. are with iTunes.