So what kind of notification setting will you use?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by durangojim, Apr 16, 2015.

1. durangojim macrumors regular

Jul 31, 2013
    For me I want the following:
    I don't want any audible notifications
    I only want taptic notifications for:
    Phone calls
    and VIP emails
    And I don't want my screen to go on for any of them except if I hit the crown or screen or raise my wrist.
    That's it.
    How about you?
  2. Armen macrumors 604

Apr 30, 2013
    Gmail - On (personal mail, I get important e-mails there)
    Work mail - Off (I get 100+ e-mails a day)
    Messages = On
    Yahoo news = On
    Phone = On
    Finance apps = On (Amex, BofA, Amazon)

Every thing else = Off.
  3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Jul 17, 2008
    I want texts/emails/phone calls from people on my VIP and favorite lists.

Other than that, I plan to go on an app by app basis. If an app has notifications I want, I'll turn that on, otherwise, they'll stay off. There are several apps with notifications I may be interested in, but I'd have to have the watch and the app and try them out before deciding which ones are truly useful to me.
  4. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2008
    Good question. Won't know until I get the watch. I mean I could devote time in thinking it out now but that is not my style. Each set up of a new device is something I like to have work out organically.
  5. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

Sep 22, 2009
    I want 0 audio alerts, I will also turn them off on my phone. I only want the taptic notifications for calls, messages, and Twitter.
  6. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

Apr 27, 2008
    Houston (duh)
    Just wait…

The majority of complaints about the watch will be from people who fail to realize that the key to "happiness" with it will be ALL about managing your alerts and notifications.

Those who don't manage them will, will hate the watch or complain incessantly on this forum (or both).
  7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Oct 4, 2007
    A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    This is pretty much exactly what I want. I'll probably add a few more things such as reminders, facebook messanger, and maybe one or 2 other things.

There may be things that I don't want to tap me, but I'd like to have show up in my watch's notification center. Is that possible?
  8. Arran macrumors 601

Mar 7, 2008
    Atlanta, USA
    Yeah, I bought a Garmin smart band earlier this week and that's pretty-much what I set the notifications to after being driven crazy. All I have now are: Phone calls, Messages, VIP email and Dark Sky ("rain starting in 5 mins").

Before that, I had way too many notifications on my iPhone, but they were easy to ignore in my pocket. That all changes when your wrist is buzzing, lighting up and flashing text!
  9. ksuyen macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2012
    Definitely phone call and sms/messages. I often missed those because my phone is either muted, somewhere else or in my working bag. Not fun when you missed important calls/messages.

Apps notifications MUST be set with different taptic feels than calls/messages, and only from those I approve only.