So what next..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mac-lover3, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

Hello everyone.. I'm looking for some advice, at the moment I have a MacBook Air (2011) with 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD which runs macOS Sierra. Now the laptop is getting old and the battery only last a good 3 hours it has ±1100 cycles. It's not the fastest laptop either anymore. Now I use it mostly for browsing Safari, iTunes (40GB of music), Mail, my school work (Pages, Keynote,..) and I make some home videos too with iMovie of the trips I make and writing some short stories with iBooks Author. Next year I'm going to Uni so I'm seriously considering a new Mac. Now I don't really now what I should get. The MacBook Air hasn't been updated since 2015 and still has that crappy display from my 2011 one although it will be plenty fast. The Macbook has a great screen but isn't a powerhouse either although I like that it has no fan so it's always quiet. The new MacBook Pro's look amazing but are just to expensive for me.

Thanks for any help.

2. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

you've answered your own question: go for the macbook. powerful enough for what you're doing, better screen that the air, and less expensive than a pro.

3. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

4. Mac-lover3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

Nothing that needs a powerful computer if that is why you're asking

5. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

Then a MB is probably enough. If you have the budget, the M5 with 256G would probably be a good choice - at work, we have the M7 with 256G and it's very nice.