So what should I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maggiep67, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Maggiep67

Hey all.

I (stupidly) didn't pre-order my phone. I wanted to see and feel one before deciding on which model I wanted.

My gut said to just go for the Plus but I hesitated and didn't pull the trigger.
    Of course, now they are on back-order on Apple's site and almost impossible to find locally.

I have a few week days off coming up in the next month. Should I just continue to stalk the stores for a shipment (I can be at our local Apple store early in the AM before they even open) or just bite the bullet and order the phone from Apple?

Looks like the are trying to ship orders as quickly as possible (the current ship date says 10/22 - 10/30). I read here that some people who were scheduled for 10/9 - 10/14 were getting "ready to ship" notifications.

Thoughts?

2. kovey macrumors 6502a

You should edit the subject line to be more descriptive.

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

You can perhaps go ahead and put in your order online. The sooner you get it in before the holidays, the better, I'd think. But continue to stalk the stores and hope you manage to get one. This is assuming you are not bound by any carrier restrictions on your purchase that would make canceling your online order a chore.

My own launch day preorder was through AT&T and it's been in limbo, in a manner of speaking. It should ship some time in early October. It's not easy canceling my preorder and going to a retail store at this point due to constraints related to my carrier and data plan and upgrade plan and other little details. Supplies at my local retailers are pretty much nonexistent anyway for the Plus.

As the other forum member indicated, your thread title is very vague and may not draw helpful responses. I suggest changing it to something more specific like "Need advice on 6 Plus purchasing options"

4. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

Oddly enough, the scalpers on eBay aren't making much profit if you wanted to buy from eBay. I paid $100 over my Apple pre-order (including CA tax). I kept my pre-order in case eBay deal goes sideways. I feel confident in the transaction though because eBay tends to side with buyers, so worse case I file a claim and get my money back. As far as store stalking, I've had no luck except for a couple Sprint 6+ every day. If you're thinking about 128GB or 16GB it's even worse. 16GB seems to be being delivered in abundance, but also highest in demand. The 128GB are super rare in my experience. Now the regular 6 I can still walk in and buy one.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

At this point I'd just order online and wait for it to come.

6. Maggiep67 thread starter macrumors regular

Maggiep67

Thanks.

I couldn't find this post earlier... I thought I didn't submit it.

I am just going to order it (I posted this on another thread... SORRY:confused:).

Thanks again everyone!!

7. shaunmed macrumors regular

order online and keep stalking at the same time. if you find one, cancel online order and pick it up.

8. Maggiep67 thread starter macrumors regular

Maggiep67

Ordered! Silver Plus .

And because I am so irritated (with myself mostly), I ordered the 128 just to make myself feel better!!:D

9. caramellhoney macrumors 6502

caramellhoney

I just ordered today from best buy. Wanted a 64Gold+,but she was only able to order the 16 or128 for sprint. So u splurged for the 128. Hopefully it gets here sooner than later lol. I'll probably never make this mistake again it's been about 3yrs since I've had an iPhone and I forgot how nutty things get. Last time I bought one I walked right in the store and bought the 4s on launch day with sprint lol

10. Maggiep67 thread starter macrumors regular

Maggiep67

I agree! I over-analyze EVERYTHING and 99% of the time, if I just roll with my gut I am correct. Won't be happening again. I'll be pre-ordering early next time!!

Hope you enjoy your phone!