Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
I didn't get to watch the keynote, but I was in the Macrumors AOL chatroom and just about every time something new was updated, my jaw dropped.
So many suprises.

The thing that shocked me the most was the litle by little attacks on MS, with Safari in beta and Keynote released, they're just two steps away from launching an all out assault on MS, can't wait.
smiley.gif

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Are you serious? The PowerBooks...nobody expected a 17" or 12" powerbook. What a day...AND Nintendo released pictures of its new Gameboy Advanced SP...which is beautiful as well.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
People completely forgot about the Keynote patent, so I'd say the release of Keynote was the biggest surprise, and it looks like an amazing product as well as the head start on Apple bringing out a Appleworks that will kick Offices ass.

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Originally posted by medea
People completely forgot about the Keynote patent, so I'd say the release of Keynote was the biggest surprise, and it looks like an amazing product as well as the head start on Apple bringing out a Appleworks that will kick Offices ass.

I think you are right about Appleworks...I think that is what everyone was thinking when they saw that.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
"Buckle up . . . Safari"

I'm typing on this now...you Mozilla users can finally kick the heavy sh**bag out the door. I'm testing Safari with the same 56K dial-up I've used with Mozilla and IE, and Safari is faster!

One of my classmates is trying to rack up some money to switch to a Mac. He is into Photography and hates desktops. I'll have to let him know there is a new compact, portable supercomputer available for him to look at.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by JSRockit
Are you serious? The PowerBooks...nobody expected a 17" or 12" powerbook. What a day
Speak for yourself.

Anyway, Safari was a great shock but TS alluded to it. Keynote came out of nowhere but it wasn't nearly as exciting as Safari.

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
I would have to say that the big surprise was the 17" Powerbook. From the pictures I have seen on Apple's website, it looks awesome.

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Originally posted by MacFan25
I would have to say that the big surprise was the 17" Powerbook. From the pictures I have seen on Apple's website, it looks awesome.

Yes, and the way it was unveiled was definetely a suprise...I loved it...it gave me chills...even if I'll never own one. I hope they make a 15" version...with the same material.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.