So what will I have to do tomorrow to activate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheLoneWolf527, Sep 18, 2014.

1. TheLoneWolf527 macrumors newbie

Tomorrow I should be getting my iPhone 6 from Verizon, but I've never actually ordered a phone online (always did it in store) so I have no idea what I'm going to have to do to switch over my number and all that. Moving my data won't be a problem with iTunes, but everything else I have no clue what I'll have to do. Anyone who's done this with Verizon in the past here that can give me an idea?

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

if you're upgrading from an iphone 5 or 5s, just put your sim from your current phone into it. im not sure about it if you have on older cdma phone with no sim tray.

3. M87 macrumors 65816

If you ordered it using the information from your line it should work right out of the box. Otherwise just take the SIM out of your 5 or 5S and pop it in the new phone. If you're coming from an older phone without a SIM just go to the Verizon website and activate it. It's not a big deal in any case.

4. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

I am hoping to pick up a 6 Plus tomorrow at a local VZW store full price/no contract (told me if I got there at 7 I'd get one but who knows), and have never done that. Will I need to manually take my SIM out or will they set it up there for me? I can easily do the iTunes restore etc, but never done anything with SIM cards and didn't want to mess it up haha.

5. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

What if your phone comes with a new SIM? I've done it both ways. Seems like using your old SIM makes the phone instantly work but you can also turn off your old phone and activate the new SIM.

Why does Verizon do this?