So what's going to happen to my account ? Help please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thecavs, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thecavs, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015

Thecavs macrumors newbie

I'm on tmobile and I have 2 iPhones 6 plus i got in as a replacement from t mobile and I lost one and the other broke by mistake. What's going to happen to my tmobile account is it going to get shut off? Is it going to mess up my credit ?? My credit been very good I don't want to mess it up. I still got one that isn't messed up though that's why they sent me two because it was a issue with the other one. So I had 3 total not counting the two from tmobile.

Serious answers only please.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You lost one and broke the other by mistake?

And you want us to be serious?

3. Thecavs thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I know it sounds fake but I'm being serious. It wasn't purposely. I don't want to mess my credit it's very good. Some advice please?

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

T-Mo will want to be paid for any unreturned units. If they do not have a credit card on record to charge for these unreturned devices they will bill your account. If not paid, they will indeed harm your credit. Any carrier will do the same. Can you blame them? They are out a good bit of money.

5. Thecavs thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn thats a lot of money I'm going to have to pay that I don't have. I'm not going to be able to pay that. Is there anything else I can do ? I really don't want to have this on my credit I really don't but I don't have the money to pay for those phones it's going to be a lot of money.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sorry but you should have thought about that before one got broken and the other just vanished. What did you expect?

You need to take responsibility for your actions or suffer the consequences. You good credit was worth way more than these phones. You could try calling T-Mo to see if they will give you some type of payment plan. They will likely even cancel your service and that will not be easily replaced with this on your credit.

7. Thecavs thread starter macrumors newbie

There's no way I will be able to pay all that money. Is there anything else they will do instead ? Will they understand if I told them the mistake that happened.

8. nathan.kindle macrumors member

Do you have some kind of insurance in the phones? If you lost or broke them and you had insurance you can make a claim.. The best thing to do is call T-Mobile.

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

T-Mo has heard every story you could imagine. They will want their money back. They will also likely blacklist the missing phones so "whoever" has them will also be getting very upset.

T-Mo will not understand and want their money. Breaking one phone and having the other "vanish" is not a mistake!

10. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Did you have insurance? If not, then you are stuck paying for it.

What if you lose your wallet? Can you complain to your boss and have him give you another paycheck? What if you drop your laptop or it gets stolen? Will Best Buy replace it for you without insurance? What if you crash your car, will a dealer let you stop paying it off because you had an accident?

The real question here is why would you get two brand new iPhones without insurance, if you can't pay them off?

11. madgibbon macrumors member

That's quite unlucky to break/loose two very expensive phones!!!!

Not sure what country you are from, but if this happened in the UK and you didn't/couldn't pay the mobile operator would probably start legal proceedings, this may result in court action. This is £1200 worth of phones after all.

12. I7guy macrumors G5

Serious answers? This will catch up with you. For a person who claims they have good credit, certainly sounds extremely irresponsible.

Good luck, this is not like anybody can help you defraud the carrier or credit card companies.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

My serious answer? The premise of this thread is a prank.

14. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have the same doubts but then I remember which forum I am in!:p

15. Thecavs thread starter macrumors newbie

I have insurance. And I know it sounds weird but it really happened. I'm not playing or anything. Just wanted some advice on what I should do and what's going to happen.

----------

And no one has them because one is broke and one is lost so there's no way for someone to have it but i see what you was trying to do. I'm not joking around with my situation it really happened.

16. JulesJam macrumors 68020

JulesJam

Then make a claim on the insurance and pay the deductible to get new devices. Sell them and use the proceeds to pay TMobile back.

17. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You're either going to have to pay for the phones or take the hit on your credit for not paying them(although you'll end up paying for them anyway when the money you owe gets sent to collection).

Basically you have to pay for the phones. Period.

18. JulesJam macrumors 68020

JulesJam

He says he has insurance so he just has to pay the deductible. He can report the one as lost, pay the deductible, get a replacement phone, sell it and use the money to pay TMobile back. Then do the same for the broken one and either sell it or keep it so he has a phone.

As you said about collections, many people don't realize this but the companies sell the debt to collection agencies who then will get a judgment against you and then they can levy on your bank account and drain it. And the judgment won't be just for the price of the phones - they will add in their collection costs, attorneys fees and court fees. So not only will your credit take a hit, you will pay for the phones AND THEN SOME eventually.

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No. Consider this an expensive lesson in personal responsibility.

20. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Unless it was lost out in the woods or something, you can bet someone is using the lost phone.

21. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yet you came here with absolutely no idea what you need to do?

22. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The smart thing to do at this point is go and open an other account with a different carrier before T-Mo makes it where you can't.

23. noobinator macrumors 601

24. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Let's say you had two iPhone 6s, and I asked to buy them both from you, but before I do that, I tell you that I want to see if the phones are in good condition first. So, you let me handle the phones.

Then, I "accidentally" bend one, and I "misplace" the other behind a bush or something so that it can't be "found."

The I tell you "OMG this is a huge accident I'm so sorry! But I don't have the money to pay for these phones I told you I wanted to buy. It's all a big mistake, and I can't pay... won't you please understand?"

Would you understand and walk away with no phones and no money?

25. noobinator macrumors 601

I'm thinking he might...

:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.