iPad Pro So what's Missing in the 10.5" Pro USB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheRealAlex, Jun 11, 2017.

1. TheRealAlex, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017

TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

no question the 10.5" Pro is a nice upgrade over the 9.7" but it's not the Monumental leap the 9.7" Pro was over the iPad Air 2.

Now what was left out ?

#1. Bluetooth 5.0 (I'd understand if if was not available but phones are shipping with it GalaxyS8)
    #2. 2-3GB RAM there is no official word which I have not Pre-ordered but anything less than 4GB is insulting
    #3. A Solid Home Button, Probably because IPad have No Vibration motor to provide Haptic feedback.
    #4. USB 3.0 Speeds what gives really there are Camera accessories but thats it. How do people transfer over 300GB of Movies from their Computers ? USB 2.0 speed.
    #5. USB-C it would be nice to have standard chargers for my Laptop, Nintendo Switch, iPad and Phone. Lightning is holding me back now.
    #6. A proper CPU update the A10X is just a A10 from the iPhone 7 Overclocked with another Core slapped on. Still at 16nm. The A11 is a new Gen more cache likely and at 10nm
    #7. Same 12 Core GPU, yes it's faster but they are stuck at 12 Cores, the iPad Air 2 had 8 Cores and the A9X in both iPad Pros featured 12 Core GPUs. So there wasn't no significant improvement here.
    #8. A New Color Give me a JetBlack or Matte Black iPad Option please.

2. IPadNParadise macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

So, you'll just have to wait until next year (or 2) woncha?

3. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

With iOS 11 and it's improved functionality coming, I'm hoping for some decent connectivity options in the next iteration of this product.