So what's not a rumor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stevo8, Sep 17, 2010.

1. stevo8 macrumors 6502

I'm picking up a 13" mbp on Monday and currently have a 24" 2.8 iMac. My friend is offering to buy my iMac and I wouldn't have a problem getting by with just the mbp for a while IF there was something worth waiting for. I want a 27" iMac but considering that the 24" I have now handles everything I throw at it without an issue, I would basically just be upgrading for the larger monitor. I have an extra keyboard, and mouse and display so another laptop(and give my mbp to my girl) would be a consideration as well as even a mini(although I would assume they won't get updates for a while.)

So basically what I'm wondering is, what can I expect from apple in the next year as far as features, design, displays etc etc?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

No one knows anything for sure ... Everything is a rumor.

3. stevo8 thread starter macrumors 6502

I understand that, but what is most likely and what is semi far fetched? Also when should a update be expected? Just trying to get a rough idea of what to expect. I obviously know that nothings concrete but I'm sure a lot of guys around here have a pretty good grasp on what should be expected.

4. tpg macrumors regular

The "buyer's guide" is often quite useful for judging new release dates etc. As far as new features go, you can expect small bumps in hard drive capacity, processor speed, and graphics card oomph. For a guide, look at the kind of changes between the last few generations. For processor performance comparisons, the Geekbench benchmark compilation might help a bit:

http://www.primatelabs.ca/geekbench/mac-benchmarks/

With regards to more fundamental design changes, that's anyone's guess!

5. stevo8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah just got done browsing through most of that stuff today. And while a larger monitor would be nice for editing and such, it's not worth the extra $600+, and I'm plenty happy with how fast my current setup is so I guess I'll just wait and see like everyone else.