So what's stock looking like?

neoelectronaut

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Southeastern Louisiana
With the White model being delayed indefinitely (As far as I'm concerned) I'm gonna go ahead and grab a black.

Before I call up my local Apple store, how's stock looking like in general? Any chance I can walk in this evening and walk out with a 32GB iPhone or should I give it a few more weeks?

tocheeba

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
How should we know? Call your Apple store and ask. In the time it took you to write your post, you could've checked inventory in at least 1-2 Apple stores.

Brien

macrumors 68030
Aug 11, 2008
Well, depends:

Some sources are saying that Apple is going to clear out the waiting lists this weekend and shift to a 'first come, first served' sales model for iPhone 4's (and iPads). I think this is due to several stores with lists so long that they're not allowing people to add their name, effectively locking customers not on those lists out of purchase.

Now, some other sources are speculating that after this big push, we won't be seeing any iPhones - black or white - until September due to a hardware revision, but that seems incredibly unlikely to me.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
With the White model being delayed indefinitely (As far as I'm concerned) I'm gonna go ahead and grab a black.

Before I call up my local Apple store, how's stock looking like in general? Any chance I can walk in this evening and walk out with a 32GB iPhone or should I give it a few more weeks?
Your wait time for iphone 4 is 3 weeks.