So what's stock looking like?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neoelectronaut, Jul 23, 2010.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

With the White model being delayed indefinitely (As far as I'm concerned) I'm gonna go ahead and grab a black.

Before I call up my local Apple store, how's stock looking like in general? Any chance I can walk in this evening and walk out with a 32GB iPhone or should I give it a few more weeks?

2. tocheeba macrumors member

How should we know? Call your Apple store and ask. In the time it took you to write your post, you could've checked inventory in at least 1-2 Apple stores.

3. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Well, depends:

Some sources are saying that Apple is going to clear out the waiting lists this weekend and shift to a 'first come, first served' sales model for iPhone 4's (and iPads). I think this is due to several stores with lists so long that they're not allowing people to add their name, effectively locking customers not on those lists out of purchase.

Now, some other sources are speculating that after this big push, we won't be seeing any iPhones - black or white - until September due to a hardware revision, but that seems incredibly unlikely to me.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Your wait time for iphone 4 is 3 weeks.