So whats the answer here? Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by paulbschmidt, Aug 27, 2009.

1. paulbschmidt macrumors newbie

So I have been battling the same iMovie issue as many. Here's the deal: I have an older PowerBook G4...the version of iMovie is 5.0.2. Problem is I cannot get iMovie to recognize a digital camcorder. I have tried a JVC HD DualCam..hooked through a firewire...no go. I tried a Sony Digital Camera through USB....no go. Got "camera not connected" on both.

Went to the store, was told iLife 08 would solve the problem, bought it on ebay...only to find out that 08 also needs a intel based processor for Mac and G5 or higher. So does 09.

Been scanning the forums for related links....tried finding a copy of 06, not available anymore.

So whats the story? Is there any way to download movies to my PowerBook G4??? Is there anything else I can use but iMovie? Is there anything that will work??

I do not want to upgrade to a whole new laptop just to make some movies. There has to be something i can do. Anyone?

Thanks,

PBS

2. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

Perhaps verify that the firewire port works.
    Do you have access to a Firewire Hard drive?
    Probably need one if you're doing video on a G4 PowerBook

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

does the sony camera you have, have a firewire port? i think sony calls it ilink or something like that.
    Make the sure the camera is in the playback mode when connected.

4. Mufasa804 macrumors regular

Check your nearest Microcenter. I went in there once and they still had iLife and iWork '06.

5. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

i've got an iLife 06 disk i can sell you if you need. pm me if you'd like it.