So whats the better tethering app

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Describe your needs and we can share which one we think it will serve you better, each of those App have some strength and weakness, which server some user better than other.

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Describe your needs and we can share which one we think it will serve you better, each of those App have some strength and weakness, which server some user better than other.
well, tetherme vs mywi5 to be more specific, just want a decent personal hotspot program. and one that doesn't get detected any easier then the others.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
well, tetherme vs mywi5 to be more specific, just want a decent personal hotspot program. and one that doesn't get detected any easier then the others.
The program doesn't matter as far as getting detected, if you abuse it, you will get caught (some app advertise that they have some kind of stealth mode, don't believe it, there is no way to hide that traffic, if a human review your account, it will easily detect that you are tethering, your account don't get flag for review if you dont abuse it). As far as the App, I like Mywi, Since you have more control over the connection, output power, encryption, client list, and onDemand is great for the iPad.

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
The program doesn't matter as far as getting detected, if you abuse it, you will get caught (some app advertise that they have some kind of stealth mode, don't believe it, there is no way to hide that traffic, if a humand review your account, it will easily detect that you are tethering, your account don't get flag for review if you dont abuse it). As far as the App, I like Mywi, Since you have more control over the connection, output power, encryption, client list, and onDemand is great for the iPad.
thats what I wanted to know, thanks!