So what's the concensus?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cwazytech, Mar 16, 2012.

1. cwazytech macrumors 6502

I've been reading New iPad threads all morning looking for some reviews. They seem to be scattered. So what's the concensus? And are there any iPad 2 owners who switched to the New iPad and are glad they did? Why?

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Consensus?

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal!

3. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Well if you use (plan to use) cellular data on your iPad, the new iPad is obviously going to be amazing for you (if your area has LTE or even just hspa+). The screen is very very nice! I can't wait to start watching 1080P videos on it. So far, I am very happy with my new iPad, but I can't give a full review or a general consensus on it, because I haven't done so much on it yet.

4. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I don't have one yet, but from what I've read is the iPad 2 is still a great tablet and if you don't care much about having the newest retina display, the upgraded camera and dictation stick with it. It all depends on what you intend to use it for, if you're a movie watcher it's a great upgrade but for my wife who checks: Facebook, email and browses pottery barn the iPad 2 is perfect.

5. Papillo macrumors member

THis. just went in and checked it out both at best buy. The 3 is definitely sharper but i will not say i was "blown away" by the difference in pic quality. The pictures on the 3 look brighter and the text is definitely sharper, but the Ipad2 still looks amazing in my opinion.

I never owned an ipad so the experience is probably a lot different for someone used to seeing the ipad2 or 1 everyday for the past year.

6. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I'm with you I don't see a real reason to dump the iPad 2 for a loss even if it's only $50 after a year when it's still an incredible tablet and if you're not looking for the best stats and you just need it for certain things stick to that not what you want to spend.

7. ixodes, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

It's just fine.

After a side by side comparison with my iPad 2, the display is nice, but a bit over hyped.

Yet in fairness my 15 & 17" MBP are hi-res & my ThinkPads are IPS which is the technical description that Apple calls "retina" for marketing purposes. The point is I'm used to hi-res so it's no big deal to me.

The best aspect of iPad 3, is it's thicker and nicer to hold. Far more comfortable than my 2.

For those who have iPad2, if you haven't decided I'd wait until the excitement dies down. The 3 is nice but not worth upgrading to unless you're obsessed.

I just did it cause I could, but I'm not wowed.

It's just an additional device that's handy for web browsing. Otherwise I greatly prefer my 13" MBA with a real keyboard for input.

8. JeffMorse macrumors regular

Very happy to have upgraded, especially considering that I got near what I paid for my ipad 2. This was a nice upgrade for sure. Don't get me wrong, the ipad 2 is really fantastic too, and you can't go wrong with it.

9. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

Yellowing to screen, trapped dust, glue on screen.

I think I'll give up on Apple products until they manage to overcome their constant screen issues, which no other company seems to have on such a widespread basis.