so what's the deal ahhhh

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blasius01, Jun 20, 2010.

1. blasius01 macrumors newbie

so i reserved an iphone on pre order day.... it went through on the website but i never got a conformation so i called the store and my buddy that works there ( i worked there 2 months ago got a better job thank God lol) said it was in the computer :confused: but when i check my reservations on the apple site it says i dont have any upcoming.... Anyone else get this???

Sorry I'm just adding another thread about the iphone haha

2. wilymon macrumors member

this happened to me. my problem was that I didn't log into the Apple website with my Apple ID. I'm an idiot and I thought simply giving them my ATT account info would've been enough to reserve the phone. Now I'm stuck waiting in line all night. But i'm not complaining too much, at least I'll have an interesting story to tell.

3. blasius01 thread starter macrumors newbie

i did log in though.... hummm im waiting inline just to be safe.... I know im crazy but do you think with all the shortage they will have some for the public??? I worked at the apple store for 2 years during the 3gs launch but it wasnt even close to being as popular as this launch. we had 180 phones at that time preordered and 350 came into the store

4. Loki666 macrumors member

The weird thing is I signed in with my apple login. On the site I have no reservation yet I have a reservation email...

5. blasius01 thread starter macrumors newbie

least you have that... my buddy said he saw my name but seems weird that both email and website doesn't show anything ...hummm

6. wilymon macrumors member

I think if you havent gotten an email by now, you're out of luck, but you can call your Apple store to check. They have a list of all the reservations.

I *HOPE* they'll have enough phones. But before I get in line, I'm gonna go up to the manager and make sure they'll have at least one non-reserved phone (i'll be first in line). Hopefully they'll know their inventory by then.

7. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

calm down

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Reservations on the website are for Genius appts. They don't reflect your reservation for the iPhone.

Use the App Store app on your iPhone to review your iPhone 4 reservation.

9. Loki666 macrumors member

Thanks man that worked. Popped right up

10. blasius01 thread starter macrumors newbie

where do i look in the apps store app??

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I think you misunderstand...the "Apple Store" app. You need to download it. It's new.

12. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

You know, I'm really getting tired of the people who feel like they have to tell anybody who is anxious or excited or a little upset in connection with getting a new iPhone to "calm down" "get a life, it's only a phone" "it's not the end of the world" and yada, yada, yada.

It's completely natural for someone to get a bit passionate about things that interest them. No one is going to commit hari kari or hang themselves in a closet or jump off a cliff over these things, so we don't need your constant comments to others who get a bit excited or vent a bit when they get frustrated.

Thank you.

13. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

Thanks for the info on the Apple Store app. I didn't know that it would confirm your reservation.

Mine's there!

14. Loki666 macrumors member

So then leave and quit posting anything....your certainly not needed

15. blasius01 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all the info guys... i went to the store today to make sure and indeed i was on the list....

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

On the Apple store app, my reservation shows under the store in which I made the reservation. Make sure that you are logged in under the iTunes account that you made the reservation under.