So what's the point in subscribing to Pandora?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by LoganT, Jan 30, 2009.

1. LoganT macrumors 68020

I guess this is partly my fault, doesn't make me any less mad. So I just subscribed for 36 dollars a year for Pandora. I was under the impression that this would give me unlimited skips (like Slacker), it doesn't. So I essentially paid 36 dollars for what I was getting for free but now that I've subscribed I don't have to hear 15 second audio Ads or text ads? Please tell me the value in this. Maybe I wouldn't be so mad if they had told me up front when I was subscribing that it would still be the only 6 songs per hour. I wish there was a way I could get my money back, if not it'll be charity.

2. LoganT thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah, not much. Ads don't bother me, and I can't think of a time where I would listen to Pandora for 5 hours straight without hitting thumbs up or thumbs down.

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

That just sucks........ Re: no unlimited skips. I would be a little pissed to. Love the service thou.

4. LoganT thread starter macrumors 68020

Honestly, I love Pandora as well. I'd rather pay 36 dollars for unlimited skips and some ADS than 36 dollars for no ADS and 6 skips.

5. Lara F macrumors 6502a

"If you have recently begun your subscription period and require a refund, please contact us to request a subscription cancellation and refund."

I would request it in your case. It is pretty sucky not to get unlimited skips like Slacker. :(

6. LoganT thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks. Never saw that, just sent one away now.

7. Artista macrumors newbie

Thanks Logan for creating this thread

Wife and I had recently purchased smartphones (Xmas gift to each other) Among all the other apps Pandora is by far an important app for me. Im an artist and i need the synergy of music when i paint. I was considering subscribing to Pandora. Im glad that i came across Logan's topic before throwing down my money. If there isnt unlimited skips I wouldnt subscribe.
    Thanks Logan. Pandora ...... i hope your 'listening' out there.