So when the new notebooks do come out...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by metalstrat22, Aug 7, 2008.

1. metalstrat22 macrumors newbie

...how long do you have to wait until you can get one?

Do the stores usually have enough stock, or do they usually sell out quick, and you have to wait weeks to get one?

I'm asking because I do need a laptop soon, but I can wait a little bit, so I'm gonna try and do that. But if were looking at a September release, and I have to wait until October until I can actually get it, then waiting may not be such a great idea.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This didn't need a new thread.

Apple products usually ship immediately after launch; first come, first serve.

3. zsft macrumors regular

yeah, and that wasn't a good reply either, you both lose.

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

It usually is the case that the day that they are updated is that day that they become available, but that is the case when it is just a quiet spec update on Apple's website that doesn't have any huge announcement. If it is a major change (case redesign, ect.) then you might have to wait a week or two until they become available in store. Does anybody remember what it was when Apple announced the Aluminum iMacs last summer? Because that was a major redesign. But if it is just a small spec update, then expect the new computers to be in Apple stores that day or the next, you can always call ahead to the store and ask.

5. jdechko macrumors 68040

I don't know about the iMac, but I was working at Apple when the MBA came out. The Mall of GA store got only a few, and some had to be set out as demo models. It took a few weeks to stabilize inventory on the Air, but it was fine after that. Spec bumps were generally handled with great ease. New ones came in, old ones got pulled, that was that. No lines, no golden tickets, nothing.

6. dabills80 macrumors member

i have a feeling that it's gonna take even longer for my college to get them which sucks because i'll be with an old pc