So when the plastic macbooks go away...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TXBDan, Jun 17, 2009.

1. TXBDan macrumors regular

Surely the plastic MacBook is on its way out. It doesn't fit in with Apple's current design scheme and you'd be silly to buy one over a base 13" Macbook Pro.

But when it goes... will everything then be "Pro"? That seems kind of odd. A new even cheaper/simpler line of MacBooks? The mythical Tablet?

2. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

I think Apple should push the white Macbook further downstream with models from $700 and up.

3. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

No joke. Make those babies cheaper. Those are the true mobile laptops. No 8 hr. batt. but decent enough. Way tougher than a al macbook anything. Wayyyyyyy better wifi reception. I kinda dig the all white look. its clean. The screen is dookie but still, its a solid performer, and that is the mac that you see at college, not nearly as many unis. There is peace of mind knowing if you flop it off the couch onto the floor you wont have a jacked up superdrive slot or all kinds of bent stuff.

4. oldaaplexec macrumors member

In October when Apple introduces a new $799 Macbook. Hence, the change of the 13" to MBP. They are clearing the lower-end line for a new introduction post the back to school sell through period. 10" Macbook. Get ready.

Plus on the high end...ultra thin 20" iMac with no "chin" and 256 SSD, mostly MBA internals and a front flip-out port with headphone jack and usb slot ala MBA.

5. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

MMM, honestly, id hate to kill the usefullness of my mbp, but a polycarb 10" would be sweet, easy to carry. That would be the best use of the multitouch trackpad. Basically no room for buttons. I just thought it would be a nice note taking machine. But then again, do they make a mini flip out bluetooth keyboard to type on an ipod touch w/?:D Sorta like my moms dell pda had.

6. CPD_1 macrumors 6502

I think I could see Apple introducing more non-Pro MacBooks in a price range right above the Mac Mini. Maybe run them on the lower powered, more energy efficient processors from Intel. Not quite as cheap as netbooks when it comes to build quality, but similar architecture. 10" and 12" models would be a must, I think.