Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stig722

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2013
When do you reckon that the demand for the iPhone 6 will even out with supply levels? When will you be able to walk into an apple store and just get the phone? When will apple be able to ship it immediately, and not in 7-10 days?
I'm talking about the iPhone 6. Not the plus.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
When do you reckon that the demand for the iPhone 6 will even out with supply levels? When will you be able to walk into an apple store and just get the phone? When will apple be able to ship it immediately, and not in 7-10 days?
I'm talking about the iPhone 6. Not the plus.

I have been able to do that since Sept 19th.

Stig722

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2013
So how come, if I try to order a contract free iPhone 6 from apple website, for the last 3 days it said that the estimated shipping time was 7-10 days?

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
So how come, if I try to order a contract free iPhone 6 from apple website, for the last 3 days it said that the estimated shipping time was 7-10 days?

Because those iPhones need to be assembled and shipped to you directly from China.

unheardthreat

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010

if you select for in store pickup, it'll show availability. those stores you can walk in, as long as they don't sell out before you get there

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I walked in my local Apple store here in Atlanta and picked up a 6. Had to wait in like for about 2.5hrs. He said that wait time was actually great compared to what it usually is.

Bobo03

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
I walked in my local Apple store here in Atlanta and picked up a 6. Had to wait in like for about 2.5hrs. He said that wait time was actually great compared to what it usually is.

Ouch.

I was going to swing by the Lenox store tomorrow and get a 6, but I definitely can't wait in line long. I might have to postpone my purchase until next week.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Ouch.

I was going to swing by the Lenox store tomorrow and get a 6, but I definitely can't wait in line long. I might have to postpone my purchase until next week.

Yeah I went to Lenox and they have two lines, online pick reservation and just walk ups, I was in the walk up line and they cut the sales of the phone off about 3 people after I got there. You at least were guranteed a device though when you wait in the line. The rep was like waiting in line for about 2.5 to 3hrs was great compared to Friday and Monday.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
I went the day after the release day. Walked in right before they were closing and picked a 6 up real easy.

I think the 6+ are the ones with the issues.

hudson1

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2012
In NE Ohio, you can't find a Verizon, ATT, or T-Mobile iPhone 6 in Space Grey with either 16 or 64 GB for Apple Store pickup anywhere (Cleveland, Akron, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Detroit). At least according to Apple's website. Oh... one exception -- 64 GB ATT Space Grey in Columbus or Pittsburgh, both nearly 140 miles away.

Bobo03

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Yeah I went to Lenox and they have two lines, online pick reservation and just walk ups, I was in the walk up line and they cut the sales of the phone off about 3 people after I got there. You at least were guranteed a device though when you wait in the line. The rep was like waiting in line for about 2.5 to 3hrs was great compared to Friday and Monday.

Thanks for the info. I will most likely purchase online and then do the in store pickup.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Lots of stores around here show available for pickup.

Apple's basically allocating all stock to their own stores it appears.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If you are looking to get a iPhone 6, most likely you can just walk to the Apple store and walk out with one. But it also depends on which model you are getting. You can always check availability on your closest store and if they have one, you do have the option to reserve it and pick it up.

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Ouch.

Purchase online for delivery at the store and you'll be able to avoid that big long line. Personally I'm amazed they still have lines at this point...

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Yesterday. I ordered online and opted for store pick-up but the store I went to had a line for walk-ins who were able to buy iPhone 6 (some bought more than one). Apple had someone who would check to make sure they had the model you wanted in stock before letting you get in the walk-in line.

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
I just talked to my local Apple Store and as far as AT&T goes, they have one 128GB gold in stock and no idea when they'll see more. "It's random, hopefully later this week."

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Why note buy/reserve on apple.com and pickup in your local Apple Store?

I did this on Monday for my Dad, and picked up Tuesday in Grand Central. The 6+ might be another story!

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Or you could just walk into an AT&T store.

On Friday (release day) I walked into a corporate AT&T store at lunchtime and picked up two 6's in exactly the configs/colors I wanted. No reservations required. I waited 20-30 mins to be served. UPS were delivering many cartons while I was there.

On Saturday at 10am, I returned to the store and bought a further 6 in exactly the config/color I wanted. Again, no reservations. I waited under 5 mins to be served that day and was all done in 20 mins total.

On both days, I ran across the road to the Apple store to buy cases. On both days, that store had tortuous lines winding through the mall.

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Tried that with both stores here. Both are backordered into October for the 6 and November for the +.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.