So when will we get an official response / press release from Apple...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spidey1703, Sep 17, 2007.

?

How many days?

1. 1 - 3

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. 3 - 7

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. 7 - 10

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. 10 - 14

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. 14+

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. spidey1703 macrumors member

2. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

Who knows. I read somewhere on here that Apple has a technical bulletin out concerning the screens. So hopefully there is a public announcement by the end of the week.

I just hope they figure out the screen issues before they knowingly ship defective screens to all those who have pre-orders. Considering the time that would be wasted (at the Genius Bar, on the phone, etc.), and the costs of return shipping and re-shipping, it would be smart for them to figure it out beforehand.

3. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

That could be what their doing they have a window of Opportunity to still meet the Sept 28th ship date and ship out good units, they have a week. I'd rather wait until the First week of October if it means I get a good unit.

4. MaTiCeK macrumors member

I have had bad expiriences with my MBP (first gen). It took them months to release a press statement regarding the whine. I still have whine when my MBP is on charge despite the change of motherboard. So I'm not very confident Apple will react quick. Isn't it like, they tend to neglect those issues and play them down?

5. spidey1703 thread starter macrumors member

The iPod Touch is their new "flagship" device though, they cannot afford negative feedback about it. And by the sound of it, the problem is rampant across the States. If it continues worldwide and they provide no solution or even refuse to acknowkedge the problem, then a lot of people are going to lose faith in the Apple brand.

6. Quickdood macrumors regular

Against my better judgment I bought and ipod touch crossed my fingers and hoped it wouldn't have the problem but it does! I had to buy it from the apple store because I needed to use my gift certificates. I have about 12 more days to return or exchange it. I don't feel like exchanging it several times because from what I heard a lot of units are effected, probably most but not everyone notices and reports it.

Anyway I hope they make an announcement soon otherwise I am gonna return it and take the 10% restocking fee, if they don't respond to this soon my idea of Apple as a company will suffer greatly!

7. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

You need a poll option of 'never'. I don't think they will do a press release on this, preferring to handle it quietly through warranty exchange.

8. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Right on brother.. For all we know this problem is such a small percentage of actual units produced that Apple will just deal with customers as they come in with issues.

IMO, most everyone needs to chill, take a deep breath and if they have a problem, have a conversation with Apple about their options.

9. PygmySurfer macrumors 6502

Take it to the store and tell them there's a problem with it. Show them a video if you have to. They should be willing to swap it without another unit (hopefully a working one!).