So, when will we get iCloud VIDEOS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ashley1496, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ashley1496 macrumors regular

So when will we be able to see any video content purchased via iTunes in the cloud? Personally I would find that way more useful. If you are on vacation and want one of your videos to watch on a plane it would be nice to re-download from iCloud so I don't need to haul my laptop and sync as it takes FOREVER!

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

really? forever?;)

I am sure you can use other service, AirVideo is great!

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I bout a movie from the iTunes store on my iPhone while traveling once.

It took 4 or 5 hours to download. I doubt Apple's gonna offer that as a free feature anytime soon.

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Tuesday

Ok

5. ashley1496 thread starter macrumors regular

Haha...but then don't I have to have my P.C. on with iTunes running all the time, right?

Plus, if I want to physically be able to re-download the video on my device for off-the-air viewing...AirPlay woudn't really work for that...

I have an ancient laptop that can't even run my full iTunes library so that also means leaving my portable hard drive on...

I know...it's time to upgrade...*sigh* someday I'll be able to afford to get the new MacBook Pro I want.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't get it, is pre-loading videos or taking your laptop to watch stuff off of anyways too hard? Also, I wonder why it takes ages to sync a movie, I can load movies in a minute or two.

7. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

There have been rumors that Apple has been talking to movie studios so maybe in the fall when everything is released. It's also reasonable to suspect TV shows to follow suit. Music videos are included already.

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Yeah leaving the PC on is key, but it does work great if you have a mac/pc that can handle that. :D

9. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Movie studio will NEVER approve this. Or at least not this decade. Movies are still DRM protected. You still can't stream any QUALITY movies over Netflix. You can't even RENT video for the most part via iTunes or Amazon on the same day as DVD release.

The movie industry is 10 years behind the music industry, which itself is 5 years behind where THEY should be.

Air Video is the way to go here.

Tony

10. ashley1496 thread starter macrumors regular

Sure I pre-load content...but if I'm on vacation and have already viewed those, it would be very convenient to be able to get more content without being constantly reliant on my laptop.

Not to mention, HD video content takes up a lot of space. You can't put too much on at one time and once you're done viewing them and want more a new sync is required.

As for your "load movies in a minute or two"...Congratulations, but for the majority of people I know, the iTunes syncing process is tedious at best on a good day.

When I'm traveling I want to travel light. That's why I have an iPad. I don't want to have to haul my laptop wherever I go...I thought portability and "cutting the cord" was part of what they referred to in the Keynote yesterday. But I guess I just dreamed it.

There is a ton of hostility on these threads...why can't people offer constructive feedback instead of ranting against others who operate differently then they do??

Thanks for those that put in their constructive two cents.