So when you reserve an iPhone they don't bother asking for your name?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SethRogen, Jun 15, 2010.

1. SethRogen macrumors 6502

So when you reserve an iPhone they don't bother asking for your name?
    I just finished reserving. I entered my itunes Id and boom it said my iPhone was reserved at my local Apple Store.
    If it just go through your name on iTunes, then I am not sure it will be under my name.
    I am 17. The billing address is under my parent's name.
    I just edited it to my name after reservation.
    Should I just reserve it again?
    And if it doesn't let me on this email, should I just reserve it under a different email address on a different iTunes Account and edit that one to my name?

2. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

When you go to pick it up, they're going to ask for your wireless account information to activate your new iPhone, and then they'll compare that info against your ID.

3. markel253 macrumors regular

When you started the process they asked for your wireless number. That gave them all the info they needed, including your name, address, etc.

4. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

What information are they comparing it too?
    After I clicked pre-order, it said enter my current phonre number, zip code, and last 4 digits of social security.
    I clicked enter and after waiting 4 mins. It said to the left side of my screen under the online pre-order (It said something like this): "Error request can't be completed at the current time."
    I guess it said this since the Store was just about to go down again.
    On the right side of the screen it offered me to reserve it in the store. How do I know they took that brief information? If I call the Apple Store when they open, can they tell me if they got the information?
    I have yet to got my confirmation email, like so many others. And that would be the email address under my itunes id, correct?

5. markel253 macrumors regular

On that screen ... look to the right. Do they have your account information correct?

I had that same error message but got my confirmation and email with no problem.

6. Star-fire macrumors 6502

You have to sign in with your apple ID at the end, that has your name and everything else with it.

7. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually I didn't bother looking..... Stupid me....
    I did it rather quickly.

8. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

If I call Apple will they have a record of it?

9. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Your wireless number and social security number are linked to your AT&T account. Your AT&T account will reflect the primary account holders name, in your case, it'll be someone with a matching surname (your parents), or your name, if you're an authorized retail user or the primary account holder.

Your iTunes account information is useless at an apple store aside from sending receipts, tracking orders, and managing appointments. The only importance your iTunes account has is at home on the personal computer you'll be using to sync with your iPhone. Your iTunes account at home is responsible for your information. At the Apple store, they'll ask for your AT&T account information in order to make sure that you're eligible (remember, Apple won't sell iphones in the US without an AT&T account to go with it), and to compare the primary account holder's name to your ID and social security number.