So where is the video recording app at?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by RFR79, Aug 4, 2008.

1. RFR79 macrumors member

I am just wondering how long we have to wait for a dev to come out with a video recording app. I'm starting to think that Apple is preventing this type of app from coming out so they can release their own app in a new firmware update.

What do you guys think?

I would love to be able to take a video of my son take his first steps and show everyone I know. :( :( Come on Apple make it so...

2. elbirth macrumors 65816

yeah I'd like to know where one is at as well. a couple different devs were saying they'd have one out (either for free or up to $20) but there doesn't seem to be anything yet.

as for recording your son's first steps... if you care about it so much, get a real camcorder instead of relying on the iPhone's subpar camera

3. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

It's not really possible using the iPhone SDK. You can trigger the camera to take a picture, but that's it. I believe the jailbreak app which does it bypasses that and captures images directly from the camera, but the official SDK doesn't let you directly access any hardware at all.

4. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

5. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

no, the iPhone CAN do video. However the SDK apparently doesn't permit.
    Your options are to jailbrake or sale the iPhone for a profit and get a phone that meets your needs.

6. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

apple is holding out i think to make it a big deal for there next version of the iphone... after the 3g they need something big to market it....

iPhone Video or whatever... camera on front and back? or something to that extent... but yeah i think that is there whole thing with this...

all this is just pure speculation but that is what i think.

7. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

unfortunately, i feel that what the last poster said is the MOSTLIKELY scenario.

All of the apps that we desperately want, but cant have because of the purposeful limitations set by the SDK will show up in the next gen. iphone as the GOTTA HAVE IT gadget.. i mean, what else could they add to the iphone3G that would make it better than it already is aside from good, useful applications???

8. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

could also be battery life issues with recording and storing...syncing issues?

i bet apple will release an app themselves and charge touch users to upgrade, same as they did with mail, etc. before