So wheres the new Mac keyboards?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Kronie, May 2, 2009.

1. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Black keys and Backlit? Like my unibody.

I just bought a Apple keyboard with the number pad. It took a little getting used to but I love it now. Would love it way more if it matched my UMBP......

2. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Get an Apple Pro keyboard and put some LEDs in it.

3. Kronie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kronie

4. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Apple loves their signature white cables, so maybe they thought with the keyboards they might as well keep the keys white as well.

Do you reckon they'd look good with black keys and white cable? or even with a black cable?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm waiting for the unibody MBPs to match the wireless keyboard. In fact, I think the MBPs would look much better if they did away with the black keys/hinge/bezel and used matching aluminum color.

6. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I agree, the black bezel and black chicklet keyboard is just plain ugly.

7. Kronie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kronie

White or Black? I guess I prefer the black. black keys, black cord. What I would really like though is an apple back lit keyboard.

8. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

That's not gonna happen for the simple reason that this whole look seems to be predicated on a universal brand feel. The iPhone's black bezel would have to change and that's not going to happen any time soon.

I wish it would, because I think the black bezel is what lead to the GlareBook Pro. I'd love me some unibody and trackpad and though I prefer the overall look of the older MBPs I will not buy a current generation 15 MBP for the sole reason of the glassy screen alone.

9. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

I would love a backlit keyboard, but I would like it to have white keys.

The issue is that when it's light, black keys just don't look right to me. However, when it's dark, the contrast between the white keys and the bright light on the letters might not be enough to make the keys stand out.

Basically, I love the look of the current keyboards and don't want that to change. But I want them backlit, too. Ugh. This is hard. Probably why they haven't done it yet.

10. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Have Logitech rework their G-15 for Macintosh. :cool: