Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ROGERWILCO357

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Michigan
Been searching and searching for a leather case that will not hide the white bezel yet fit like a glove for under 200 can anyone point me in the right direction ?

zhoulana

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011
Been searching and searching for a leather case that will not hide the white bezel yet fit like a glove for under 200 can anyone point me in the right direction ?

classic-ipad-black.jpg

Is this one ok? More-Thing Classic Leather Sleeve case!
http://www.l2aonline.com/products/M...Sleeve-case-for-iPad{47}iPad-2-%2d-Black.html

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I am very immersed with my Maroo fine leather case. It's 99.99 and comes in a nice cocoa brown color. Leather is the highest quality I have seen on an iPad case. Better than Vaja.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I am very immersed with my Maroo fine leather case. It's 99.99 and comes in a nice cocoa brown color. Leather is the highest quality I have seen on an iPad case. Better than Vaja.

You're kidding right? I bet you haven't even tried anything Vaja. I've used many types of leather cases from many companies. Some very high in quality, but none of them compare to Vaja. It's like comparing basic Toyota leather to Ferrari leather..

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
You're kidding right? I bet you haven't even tried anything Vaja. I've used many types of leather cases from many companies. Some very high in quality, but none of them compare to Vaja. It's like comparing basic Toyota leather to Ferrari leather..

On the contrary, I have had Vaja Agenda for iPad 1, 2 different Blackberry Vaja cases (the type with the lid), 1 magnetic lid Vaja iPod case, a Vaja pouch for iPhone 3, and also a Vaja accessory pouch which I still use for my USB cables and various adapters.

I am not talking about the regular $40 Maroo case - I agree that is Toyota leather.

I am talking about the Maroo Fine Leather case which sells for $99.99. I am telling you that this leather is better than the floater leather used on the Vaja Agenda and Libretto cases.

Vaja Agenda uses their floater leather which is a coated leather. It feels a little harder and less natural than the Aniline leathers that Vaja uses on other cases. While Vaja's Aniline leathers are top notch, the floater leather is not of the same standard. Maroo's leather in contrast feels more like a semi-aniline leather. It has a similar grain to Vaja's Floater leather, but it looks and feels more natural, and is softer.

I don't know why you are shocked. It makes sense to me that a $100 case made by cyberacoustics can have better quality of leather as a $160 hand made leather case hand-made by Argentine artisans. Clearly once you take into account Vaja's higher labor costs, the amount they have to spend on materials is about the same.

Your Toyota vs. Ferrari analogy is nonsensical. We are talking about a smaller price difference between these 2 particular cases, and further negated when you consider Maroo probably has lower manufacturing cost - it's more like comparing Lexus to Mercedes.

I bet you do not have the fine leather version of the Maroo case!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.