So who has experienced their first knick or scratch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seanuhthin, Aug 17, 2010.

1. seanuhthin macrumors member

seanuhthin

My iPhone out of box had the smallest pin prick right on the side near the button (not on screen). So far, no other damage. I don't plan to take the iPhone out of the house until screen protector, bumper and sgp leather back arrive... aha.

So what do you think? When your iPhone got it's first Blemish how did you react? How big was it? Did you take it back? Lol

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I've got a bunch of light scratches on my home button. Nothing I can do.

3. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

2 VERY faint scratches on the top area of the glass near the earpiece. at first I minded, but now I honestly don't give a crap because my OtterBox Defender covers the entire top lol.

4. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

None... i've had the Invisibleshield plus a case on it since day 1.

5. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

I have a small hairline scratch on the left side of the band that goes around the phone. The scratch is very hard to see buts I know its there under the volume buttons. I was a bit pissed at first as I've always had my phone in a case. I will blame apples bumper case that I tried on for a day or two.

6. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Mine has one like "spider web" style scratch on it. Nothing serious at all that I'm freaking out about since you can only see it in the sun or under bright lights

7. Pharos macrumors member

I've been rocking my iPhone 4 NAKED (God forbid!!!) for a month now, and so far, there's not even the slightest scratch. It looks just as when I took it out of the box.

Honestly I think I got a miraculous (magical?) phone or something because I've already dropped it twice on my hardwood floor. The only thing I do is have one pocket just for the phone.

I'm definitely going to keep it nekkid, the Invisibleshield I had on it for 12 hours felt horrible. I really think this phone will hold up very well even though I don't take extremely good care of it. I mean, I do take care of it, but I'm not obsessed. (cough)

I'm a happy camper :D

8. techluvr macrumors regular

I have quite a few scratches on the back and band, but front is pristine.

9. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

my phone came with a somewhat long, but light scratch on the back glass.

it's only visible in certain light conditions...and i'm not going to take it back because i use a case anyway and it's impossible to find a new one.