Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seanuhthin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
My iPhone out of box had the smallest pin prick right on the side near the button (not on screen). So far, no other damage. I don't plan to take the iPhone out of the house until screen protector, bumper and sgp leather back arrive... aha.

So what do you think? When your iPhone got it's first Blemish how did you react? How big was it? Did you take it back? Lol

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
2 VERY faint scratches on the top area of the glass near the earpiece. at first I minded, but now I honestly don't give a crap because my OtterBox Defender covers the entire top lol.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
I have a small hairline scratch on the left side of the band that goes around the phone. The scratch is very hard to see buts I know its there under the volume buttons. I was a bit pissed at first as I've always had my phone in a case. I will blame apples bumper case that I tried on for a day or two.

Shasta McNasty

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Southern Cali
Mine has one like "spider web" style scratch on it. Nothing serious at all that I'm freaking out about since you can only see it in the sun or under bright lights

Pharos

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
I've been rocking my iPhone 4 NAKED (God forbid!!!) for a month now, and so far, there's not even the slightest scratch. It looks just as when I took it out of the box.

Honestly I think I got a miraculous (magical?) phone or something because I've already dropped it twice on my hardwood floor. The only thing I do is have one pocket just for the phone.

I'm definitely going to keep it nekkid, the Invisibleshield I had on it for 12 hours felt horrible. I really think this phone will hold up very well even though I don't take extremely good care of it. I mean, I do take care of it, but I'm not obsessed. (cough)

I'm a happy camper :D

jasonforisrael

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
my phone came with a somewhat long, but light scratch on the back glass.

it's only visible in certain light conditions...and i'm not going to take it back because i use a case anyway and it's impossible to find a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.