So who has more than one case already? Post pics!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PittsDriver, Jul 6, 2010.

1. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

So on launch day I picked up the Rocketfish case, and Griffin reveal from Best Buy. I ended up hating the rocketfish because it wasn't flush along the sides of the phone which really bugged me. The reveal I bought in white, and the material got dirty really really fast, and the clear plastic material was cheap and easily scratched. So both of those went back.

I then purchased the Incipio silicrylic at at&t. I loved the protection of the case but it wasn't a very attractive case. I bought that one to hold me over for the Speck Candyshell.

Fast forward to today, I have a black/grey Speck Candyshell, Belkin Grip Vue, and 2 Apple Bumpers in green and black.

The Speck is a keeper, even though it affects the flash(Speck is sending me a revised model) and it is also a bit thick, I really love the protection. I really wanted a thin protective case which is where the Belkin Grip Vue comes in, but it doesnt fit well around the phone either, just like the Rocketfish. The bumpers I will probably keep, the green fits amazing, nice and snug, and everything is a 100% perfect line up. I have not tried the black yet as you can see.

Lets see your cases!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

personally, Id take all that money and spend it on one of those vapor cases from element case with the carbon fiber add on (and probably still have $40 to spare)

3. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Have the Belkin Grip Vue and a Apple Bumper. I also have a cheap eBay TPU case on the way and I am anxious to see what incase comes out with as well as waiting on the re-release of the candyshell. The Belkin is great for protection, but a little bulky IMO. I like the bumper but I am still afraid to drop the phone in it. I am hoping the eBay TPU case will be thinner than the belkin as I had one for my 3GS that I liked. From there we will see what incase releases. The candyshell will be my fallback. I also have a full body bestskinsever on the way.

4. Hakushox macrumors member

I'm waiting for the new Vaja line. Their cases are amazing. They are on the higher end of the price scale but you get what you pay for.

5. readerbreader macrumors regular

What kind of 'revised case' are they sending you? can you post pics when you receive it?

6. willmiz macrumors member

I have at least 40 various cases laying around. Will need to take a pic (launching my iPhone case company soon :D )

7. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ordered: Grovemade Bamboo case, some cheapie from BoxWave, & some cheapie from eBay.

Have: Green/White/Blue/Black Apple Bumpers, Speck CandyShell, & Wrapsol Ultra screen protector.

Waiting for release of: Switcheasy!

I like to have variety. :D

8. photographypro macrumors regular

photographypro

Candyshell black

I too have this case, and Speck is also sending me a new one (to fix the flash problem)- they said you can fix it yourself with a black Sharpie, until you get the replacement- it DOES help a lot).

I had a carbon fiber case that I bought from Macsales.com for my 3GS- loved it, and they said they will have these in the next 2-3 weeks.

I love the protection of the Candyshell, but it makes my iPhone look like anyones Blackberry. At least with the curves of the 3G and 3GS, people knew you had an iPhone even in a case. I also dislike how thick the case makes the phone, although I had a bumper and sold it because it offers almost no protection from a drop.

9. rossdaboss07 macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about getting a bumper case and was wondering if it was loose around the sides or not, and if it is what other companys make cases like the bumper that may be more snug.

10. christianinri macrumors member

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

Who says that there's a bad economy? Plenty of cash on hand to get multiple cases!

12. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i will admit i have expendable cash but i can't find myself buying tons of cases. well not yet at least. i have bought a ton of cases and returned them after trying them out for a day or 2.

I thought about the Vapor case and even though I have the cash for one I can't grasp the idea of spending $100 for just a case.

I like the CandShell and I actually like how it makes it more brick like.

Bumpers I don't like them because of their lack of protection (I've witnessed). Although I saw the store has all colors now and that orange one looks cool.

I just have the CandyShell (with a replacement coming by August), PixelSkin (temp case), and I gave away my Incipio Silicrylic in baby blue to a friend who desperately needed a case.

13. mmyers0520 macrumors regular

OP, that Speck case on he far right looks pretty cool, any pics of it with the case on?