So who has returned/sold theirs only to buy back....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Smeaton1724, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a

Smeaton1724

Purchased a 42mm space grey, used it for 10 days, returned in store. This morning ordered the same model again, after going without for 3 weeks.

I originally returned it due to always having my phone with me, so saw little value when comparing a cost Vs features war, however I did like it as a watch and it was kind of cool to have, I just liked the device more than the value it was offering. Now having gone without and also seen the new OS think it is a 'grower' of a device, i.e if I'd have kept it then I would have gotten in to it in a big way.

I made the mistake of thinking it was a refined and dare I say it 'developed' device like say the new iPod Touch is, I initially was not prepared to go through what I did with the early iPhone releases, which were a lot of fun to be involved in.

Anyone else?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I got upset with my first watch because of the weak haptic motor and returned it for a credit. Waitied a week and got my 2nd AW. Had a stronger haptic motor but the haptic stopped working completely after another week.

Now on my third AW. 42SS with leather loop and it has worked without flaw. HR sensor and fitness apps needs work but no so bad that I can't live with it. I just slip my Surge on before my runs.

3. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Good to see another sinner repenting. Welcome back to the fold. ;)

4. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

This guy.

Same as OP. Couldn't justify the cost to available features balance and I already had a Vivosmart sleep/step tracker. After going a week I started to realize the cost wasn't that bad and I was missing the activity rings (actually felt less motivated to get my daily step goal on the Garmin than I did completing the three goals on AW).

Ended up with the same model which is the Space Gray sport with black band. I think it fits my daily look the best of any available combos.

5. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I bought the 42mm SS WSB within 1 minute of the pre-order. I received it on 24/4.

I was disappointed almost as soon as I'd opened the box: it seemed so small. After just over a week I decided to return it.

A month later I ordered a 42mm BSB and, in turn, every band they do until I settled on the SS Link. The BSB looked so much better than the WSB and I was immediately in love with the watch as soon as I opened the box. The SS Link turned it into a premium piece of jewellery and I get pleasure from it every day.

Aside from the aesthetic difference, the other difference was my mindset. I have very low expectations of the watch. I basically wanted a nice-looking watch. The other stuff is bonus.

I still change the watch face more than is healthy: I wish I could settle on one and stick with it. Sometimes I use the watch unnecessarily, e.g. to check things that I could easily check on my phone.

But I'm happy with it. Now.

6. c55 macrumors regular

c55

If only more people thought like this. I'm sure everyone is tired of me saying this, but it's a first gen device. It's not something you can compare with any of Apple's other devices because this is so unique. I will almost say it's even more undeveloped than the original iPad. I say that because at least iPad ran iOS and shared similar internals with the iPods and iPhones. Watch runs its own os and redesigned internals and externals. That's obviously going to take more than a couple of months to get right.

*cue the watch haters wanting a perfect device 4 months from initial release*