So who has the wake from sleep issue with your MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by afultz075, Jan 17, 2008.

?

Does your MBP experience the wake from sleep issue?

1. Yes, all the time

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Yes, intermittently

25 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Only once or twice

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Never

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. afultz075 macrumors member

For the last month and a half or so, my MBP has been experiencing the issue where the screen stays black after waking from sleep (I can usually coax it out of it's coma after about 20 seconds by hitting keys on the keyboard.) This issue has ben mentioned numerous times on this board. Just thought i'd post a poll to see how many others have this same issue. It's quite annoying if you ask me.
    Has anyone called Apple? Has anyone been able to determine if this is a hardwire/firmware/software issue?

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I've only ever experienced this issue when booting to Vista via bootcamp. Since the release of Leopard, I mainly use OS X now and sleep has worked like a dream in OS X for me.

3. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Happens to me every once in a while. Like you said, I can usually sweet talk it out of the deep sleep. Seems to happen more when I close the lid to make it sleep.

4. doteyes9 macrumors member

The same thing happens to me even though I have a MacBook. Maybe its a software issue. to me it happens about 1 out of 5 times. I just restart because I save everything I need to before I go into sleep.

5. Modjo macrumors member

This happens to me too. It's extremely annoying and reminds me of windows days ...
    Do you guys have any USB stuff connected? It seems that's the culprit here. When i've used it on the road and i get back at my office, plug it in, plug in my USB hub, 9/10 it won't wake from sleep. I don't think i've had any problems with it when i didn't connect the USB stuff before waking it.

6. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Happens to me from time to time. Its pretty annoying.

7. afultz075 thread starter macrumors member

So it seems like we have quite a few people with this issue. Has anyone contacted apple about it?

8. fadethis macrumors member

it's happened a few times to me in the past..

another equally annoying and widespread problem is the jumpy mouse cursor after awakening from sleep.. now that happens to me much more frequently maybe 1 out of 4.. make a poll on that!

9. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

10. Jickel macrumors newbie

Happens to me as well, roughly 1 in 5 times. Back in the Tiger days sometimes the damn password window wouldn't pop up, the system would just beachball.

The last two days I've left the computer sleeping without AC over the night (don't want to leave a LiPo battery charging overnight), only finding it completely dead in the morning and being greeted with a crash report when I start it up. There are so many quirks with my MBP that's completely ruining my experience with it. :((

11. Jonathan_W macrumors member

From what I've gathered with my MBP, it takes a lot longer to wake up when it's on battery power unlike when it's connected to its MagSafe connector where it wakes up instantly :confused:

Is this normal? :(

12. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

13. Sean9689 macrumors member

I think I experienced this last night.
    Hopefully, it doesn't keep doing it. :mad: