So who is getting Fat Princess?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Coming out this week, no?

I think it looks interesting, but I will not buy it right away. Haven't played any games for a couple of months now, cause I'm writing my master thesis. So I still have a lot of "unfinished business".... :D

Also, 15 Euros seems kinda steep, no? I'm looking forward to read the first user reviews though! :)

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I shouldn't, since I too am writing a thesis for next month (not masters but still :p) and I shouldn't spend the money but.,... ooooh how tempting it is.

3. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I'm getting it instantly! Can't wait.

Oh, it's 15 Euros? Wow, that is a bit expensive. It's $15 in the states.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm stalking the Playstation Store as we speak....this is my most anticipated PSN title of the year.

Bless

5. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

I really haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game since TF 2 came out. It's a blast, only bad thing is no one is using mics (I don't have one either...) and I don't think you can type any text messages so coordinating attacks is quite impossible. Most people just run around expecting to capture the princess by themselves :rolleyes:

Played 3 hours straight and my eyes are sore.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I can't get into a online game(they need to fix this ASAP)...too many people trying to play I guess but the single player was a blast.

At first I thought it was "meh" but after I learnt my role(and shut my mouth) the game came together nicely. I love the worker class, upgrading the offensive/defensive class and feeding the fatty in the dungeon then upgrading myself with bombs throwing them into a crowd of people....ownage.

I'm a nut for Team Fortress 2 and this game is right up that alley...I'm digging it.

Bless

7. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

I was on the Beta for this, and it has been a must-buy ever since. Needless to say, I shelled out £11.99 for this last night. Woohoo!

HUNGRY! FEED ME CAKE! Cakey...

8. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

The only negative I've found is it doesn't have local multiplayer. Apparently, they may add that in a future update.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

6/10 from Eurogamer has kind of put me off paying the €15 asking price.

"Those seeking a single player distraction will be poorly served"... one critique of the game said, and that too is holding me off.

So I'm holding out on this one.... I did download the Wipeout Fury HD pack though ;)

10. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Wait. This is a multiplayer game. I've read and seen interviews with the developers and they flat out state that the single player mode is a tutorial. How does that put you off?

11. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Wow, what's up with that review? Did they review based on the current server status? Because they plan on fixing that soon :p. Other than that, it's awesome.

Really? Ohhh, that would be awesome.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Err I haven't followed the game that closely (hence was not aware it was multiplayer only) and all multiplayer only games put me off unless you can at least play with bots.

Unreal Tournament's computer bots are great and make the game fun to play single-player / offline.

Games like Warhawk for me would be perfect with the same ability to play against decent AI CPU Bots. As online only, they no longer appeal to me very much.

13. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

You can make bot matches.

14. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

got it, love it, worth the $15 US for it. single and multiplayer game

15. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Except no local multiplayer. LAME. Why the hell then do we have support for 7 controllers on a PS3?

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

really? ok that's good to know :)

Although Kotaku just posted a review too

So if the bot AI is sub-par it's as good as useless.

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Gladiator mode will do you just fine I guess. I haven't played much since purchasing the game but I can finally get into matches and stay in it for the whole thing....one thing I don't like is the matches run on for far too long.

Off topic: Castle Crasher and Braid coming soon to PSN sounds grand...I always wanted to check out Braid but no way am I paying what MS was asking for. I played the demo on the 360 and it seemed good.

Bless

18. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'll be back in front of my PS3 in 7 days - I'll pick it up then!

19. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I finally tried the demo today, and bought the game an hour later. Very creative and very fun! :)

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I bought it ages ago and havent even played it yet... :eek:

21. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, possibly stupid question:

When my castle doors are broken, and I want to repair them, but some resources (wood) are needed first - how do I apply the resources to the doors? I keep running back and forth through the doors carrying a log of wood, I tried dropping it, throwing it, and nothing happens. What am I missing? :confused: