So who made the big carrier switch with this launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vdubguy18, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Vdubguy18 macrumors member

Just wondering who all made the big jump in service carriers? Seeing as most companies are pushing to get everyone to switch I am wondering who did this with the launch of the new iPhone 6/6+.

Also which carrier did you switch from and then switch to?

How is the service that you switch to holding up thus far?

*Wondering cause I had originally planned to switch to T Mobile from Verizon but I was able to maintain my UDP...So now I'm debating if its worth the change now for the $$$ savings*

2. Faticha305 macrumors member

I switched from Sprint to T Mobile :) so far I'm really happy with it and although the pre ordering was a huge mess I'm happy I made the switch!

3. Vdubguy18 thread starter macrumors member

Awesome, Exactly what I was looking to see from responses.

Hoping this doesn't turn in to a "how pre-order" went type thread.

BTW, Where are you located for the T Mobile service? Just curious...

4. advan031 macrumors 6502

I switched from Tmobile to Verizon. It's nice to know Ill have good signal pretty much anywhere.

5. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

Same here. The call quality is fantastic, and LTE is 5x faster. No desire to go back to Sprint.

6. im-MAC-ulate macrumors member

Switched from a crappy sprint 4s to a lovely verizon 6. It's like night and day compared to what I was experiencing before.

7. iMi macrumors 6502a

iMi

Switched from AT&T to T-Mobile.

Pros:
    Improved call quality - very noticeable.
    WiFi Calling and LTE Hand Off
    Strong LTE speeds

Cons:
    Coverage not quite as good in some areas and inside buildings (offset by WiFi calling)

So far I'm very happy with the switch.

8. rward01 macrumors newbie

I ended up switching from AT&T to verizon wireless. Data seems to be much more reliable for more location on verizon compared to AT&T.

9. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Unlocked and dual booting on both AT&T (post-paid) and T-Mobile (pre-paid) now.

10. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

Straight talk AT&T Towers to Verizon Post Paid.

11. Vdubguy18 thread starter macrumors member

Come on I know others made the big switch...Lets hear about it

12. lls4f macrumors regular

I will be switching from Sprint to Verizon if I can ever get a 64gb space grey 6+ in stock at my store. I've stayed up a couple of nights now with no success, but I'm feeling very optimistic about tonight with it being a work night and all (I'm a student and don't have class til 11:30, so I can outlast all the working people!)

13. H2K03 macrumors member

I went from Straight Talk on iPhone 5S to Verizon then T-Mobile on iPhone 6.

14. ayobonus macrumors regular

Once my 6 Plus is delivered tomorrow, I will finally, and officially be, on Verizon. I've been with AT&T since the first iPhone, and by now, I've had it with them. I've been grandfathered the unlimited data, but there's no use of unlimited data, when you don't even have good cell coverage. I'm very excited to be on Verizon.

FWIW, I live in Central Jersey, and I commute to NYC every day for work. My phone is a brick while I'm in Penn Station.