So who will be getting a screen protector on their new 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chillip, Sep 7, 2016.

1. chillip macrumors 6502a

2. mjwebb macrumors member

mjwebb

I have to! I remember dropping my iPad 2 within 4 days of getting it and the screen was completely shattered.

So now I religiously get AppleCare as well as a glass screen protector for any of my new devices!

3. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I can't stand the micro scratches that accumulate on the oleophobic coating :mad:

Screen projector for me!

4. kungxpao macrumors 6502

kungxpao

5. ray737 macrumors 6502

For sure screen protector and apple care as usual.

6. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Yeah screen protector from day one,worth it for long term usage

7. comptr macrumors 68000

Ya I am going to get a Glass screen protector and apple care from day 1.

8. Tuci Suspended

Tuci

9. lukefinch1, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016

lukefinch1 macrumors member

After seeing how fragile my partners iPhone 6 screen was, I'll definitely be getting one for my iPhone 7.

She broke hers only a couple of weeks after getting the phone.

10. TheBigDog macrumors member

TheBigDog

I have a Moshi iVisor for my iPhone 6, so I will re-use that.

11. lellis2k macrumors 6502

lellis2k

Yeah I think I will, I dropped my 6+ and it smashed after 2 days, then got a glass cover, took it off after a year of no drops. Last week I droppeded it twice and now I have some long cracks down the screen... Only thing is I think I hit the corner of the phone not the screen, a case may also be required :( I just love the barenaked phone look.

12. TheBigDog macrumors member

TheBigDog

I wish that they would lead the industry as they used to and invest in Sapphire Displays for the iPhones

13. Azzin macrumors 601

Azzin

Sa
    Same for me.

14. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

I posted this yesterday on another topic but it's relevant here as well.. If you ordered a spigen screen protector from amazon when they had them for a dollar this past week or two for the new phones.. you'll get them in the mail soon. But you'll also get replacements for those screen protectors a few weeks or a month later due to an issue with them. I assume it's like last time, the adhesive on one side isn't holding the protector down quite right.. but the email I received didn't specifically call out what the issue was. Just a heads up for those who ordered one of those or are planning to.

15. 96-HUDSON-96 Suspended

96-HUDSON-96

Absolutely!

16. darrinS macrumors 6502

darrinS

I never used one before but I recently upgraded my lighting at home and see several fine scratches on my 6S after being extremely careful with it. Definitely getting one.

I know its real soon, but I hope to see some available before 9/16. I really want one on my iPhone 7 immediately.

17. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

I get cases with one built in usually. I don't like the ones you put on because they either peel off or the glass chips on the them. I never have any luck them anyway.

18. Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

well ive not dropped a phone since 09'. i treat my phone like its worth what its worth. own pocket in jeans, never put it in harms way. Ive had screen protectors since 08'. i took it off my 6s, decided to 'live life on the edge' lol not a single mark on the screen.

recently in my life ive realised that we have a finite time on this earth and its not worth the worry, its a ***** phone... I will however have it in a case most of the time but i wont use a screen protector, it ruins the feeling. I think of it like a condom lol ermmmmm yea that sounds weird but you get the idea :confused:

Also on the curved screen of the 6 onwards, it feels **** and looks ****. same with the watch.

19. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i bought an edge-to-edge screen protector that has rose gold edging.... so instead of a white face i have a pink face! LOVE it!

it's not a 100% perfect match... but for now, close enough! you can only see the slight difference when looking from the side anyways.

i also have AC+, as i'm only using a skin... no case....

we've always put screen protectors on our phones. and since using glass instead of the film ones... i don't see there's any difference in them vs the screen.

20. techiebug macrumors 6502a

I'm more concerned with micro scratches. But I think under normal use (slide it in and out pocket), it should be fine. I hate it when swiping past the lip of the protector. It destroys the experience since the screen is supposed to fuse with the body. Plus I'll upgrade again next year so no point protecting it and then sell it pristine to someone else later while you never fully experience the naked screen.

21. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Are there edge-to-edge screen protectors for the 6/6s/7 that are plastic rather than glass?

I see people with plastic screen protectors on their 6/6s but it doesn't cover all the glass due to the curve at the edges. Creates a weird gap if they are using a case.