So who will be going to a store Monday morning?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thor79, Jul 13, 2008.

1. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Ok so for those of us who have struck out so far...who will be getting up in the morning and heading to a store to try to nab one after the weekend? And will you be going to Apple or AT&T?

I figure there will be fewer people trying to get them tomorrow in the morning because a) a lot of people have to work 8-4, 9-5, whatever and b) the shipments tomorrow will probably be larger to replenish the stock from the weekend (yeah just a guess on my part), so some people will try to get them on lunch breaks or after work.

I'll be heading to the Oakbrook Apple store for a second time as long as their stock shows as being good for tomorrow.

2. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I will be trying my neighborhood att store yet again tomorrow morning and will probably order fro direct fulfillment if I cant get one this time

3. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

I have an appointment for the Genius bar tomorrow. My iPhone is defective.

4. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Monday is kind of pointless since they won't get any new stock on a Sunday.

5. thor79 thread starter macrumors 6502

thor79

You think they won't have it delivered before opening on Monday?

Guess we'll see tonight at 9pm.

Anyone know when they typically get their shipments? Or does it vary store to store?

6. shecky Guest

shecky

i have a client meeting at 10AM that should get out around noon - going to head to my AT+T then and call the apple store on the way :)

7. thor79 thread starter macrumors 6502

thor79

Guess grantsdale was correct...all but the Michigan Avenue Store here in IL shows as pretty much out of everything for tomorrow.

Looks like maybe a trip downtown tomorrow. Going to check my AT&T stores first though.

8. BrightestBear macrumors member

When I was at Oakbrook today, an employee said they'll be getting shipments of all three types for tomorrow. No idea if he was right or not, but that's what he said.

9. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

im in japan and i am going right now. it is already 1130 though and they open at 10 so i think that i am going to be SOL

10. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

My friend's going to Oakbrook tomorrow (he was too late to go to AT&T Friday and was away over the weekend).

As a favor, I'm buying his old one as a backup... :D

11. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

well i went and they still haven't been restocked here in Japan. so the wait continues

12. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Anyone thinking about heading to an Apple Store on Monday to get an iPhone 3G might want to check the iPhone Availability Checker at Apple's site first. There are a TON of Apple Stores showing ZERO iPhones for tomorrow. And many of the stores that will have iPhones have only the 8GB or just the 8GB and 16GB White.

In some cases, every Apple store in a given state are completely out of iPhones for tomorrow.

Mark

13. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Woohoo both of my local Apple stores will have stock tomorrow morning of each iPhone. Definitely getting the 16GB Black.

14. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

So if they don't show having any on the iphone store inventory, does that mean for sure they wont have any tomorrow?

One store told me that they are getting shipments in every day of every kind, but they show they have none.

Just wondering if I should wake up early to go to a store that shows they are out.

15. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Here is what is probably gonna happen...UPS or FEDex or whatever shipment company apple uses will deliver some Iphones to each store sometime tommorrow...it will be at the earliest 11 am...but more likely anytime from 11 am to 6 pm. Monday is all about timming...the best bet is to go around lunch time or after work.

Tuesday will be a better day...and it will get better later in the week...unless there is a Iphone shortage...and there is no shipment tommorrow or tuesday.

16. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

That is honestly what I thought. I got the first gen on the first day of release, so I am not too anxious to get the new one. Plus I want a 16gb.

I guess we will see. Have the next 2 days off, just studying. that can be done in line.

17. meagain macrumors 68030

IDK - I need to have AT&T make me the account holder so I can finally buy my busy husband his phone. I was only able to get mine Friday and we did go again Friday only to wait in line 3 hours to have them sold out.

I may be at the Oak Brook store tomorrow. I don't think I trust the website on stock because it looked the same earlier and I could've sworn they said they were getting more stock in. I thought FedEx 'did' make Sunday shipments via next day, etc?

I'll be calling first thing but maybe Tuesday is the day. It'll be so nice to move on from this and enjoy our phones (and wait for Jailbreak so I can replace AT&T with my name). :)

Thor - If you hear anything post somewhere will you?

18. Kyle Appleseed macrumors member

I'm going tomorrow but it's for the Dock and a better case than the one I have now.

19. thor79 thread starter macrumors 6502

thor79

Hmm....Downtown trip or wait outside the Oakbrook Apple store or St. Charles AT&T store till they get some. I think I'll go with Downtown. I don't want to get there at 8am and have to wait until like 5pm to get a phone. At least with the downtown Apple store I know they have some starting out tomorrow. They open at 10am downtown (or at least that's the official time) so that's mid morning. People downtown will be working in their offices.

Definitely bringing a chair though...no way in hell I'm sitting on concrete. At least Oakbrook has quite a few places you can sit down that aren't the ground.

Now I gotta find something I can do for several hours while waiting...yesterday was bad enough waiting from 8:30 till 11am.

20. Droo13 macrumors newbie

Droo13

I'm waiting until around 1:00 to stop by my local store. If there's still none in stock then I'll probably try back in the evening before throwing in the towel...

WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE STOCKED MORE BLACK 16's!?!?!? :mad:

21. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Friends went to stores today and found nothing available. Surprised as I thought the stores would replenish but quite the opposite as nobody had anything across the city

22. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Shoulda checked Apple's website, if you check after 9 pm it'll tell you which stores in your area have which types of iPhone 3G in stock for the next day. When I checked in the Seattle area last night, there was only one store in the entire area that were going to have any in stock, and those were only the white ones.

23. ProMod macrumors 6502a

It is interesting to note that all the big cities and most cities on the west coast have stock. Midwest and east coast, totally depleted.

24. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Don't trust the online stock finder. If it says it doesn't have any, they still may. Only one store near me said they had them in stock and with me calling around later today, they all said they had some when they opened up.

I am going to the one that shows they have some tomorrow morning, around 7-8 to avoid traffic here. 16gb black or bust. I have a 8gb first gen and studying to do, so either do it in line or at home where I get distracted just as easily (WoW).

25. ProMod macrumors 6502a

I'm in Charlotte, NC. I suppose I will be at the Apple Store at about 9 in the morning to see what the deal is, even though they show no stock, and haven't shown any since the phone came out.