So who would buy this? (Camera related)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jessica Lares, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

So, I came up with an idea and I know it's not original, but the other options out there are a bit rubbish at the moment. I think it'll be good since the iPhone 4 will have a big MP difference in the camera and shoot HD. I mean, a tripod would be a good addition now that the iPhone is a true camera.

Basically, I'm taking the original base of the dock, without the connection and mic input. Instead of being slanted at the bottom, the pin connection would be in the middle. That would be ideal because the iPhone is used to that base and it wouldn't mess with it and keep it in place.

Now, at the bottom, there'd be a hole to screw the next pieces in. the legs. There'd be a choice of a small set for sitting on a table, a bigger one designed for sitting on the floor that's not all that high, then a larger one where you have to stand to use it.

Of course, I'd be testing this to make sure the phone wouldn't fall out, scratch it, etc, coming up with a better mechanism to have it stay in place. I'd have it so you could rotate the dock to the side and back.

So, the package would be the dock, three screw-in compact legs, and a carrying case (small enough to fit in a MacBook bag on the side pockets). It'd come in white, black, green, blue, pink (for gimmick purposes), and be retailed at less than $50 (most likely $30 or less).

I'm not calling it iShoot because it sounds bad, TriPod was another I thought of. Not so sure yet.

2. iHero macrumors member

Definitely sounds like a step forward as it doesn't seem like there's any other tripods for the iPhone (as far as I know)

You would need to make it look and feel right though.

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I just bought a new cybershot and paid for a tiny little tripod like the one you described. I like it because its small enough to fit in the little carrying case and works well for group shots taken with the timer. If the iphone camera has a timer, this is a good idea for group shots. Also, good to set up phone to take sex video of yourself and partner. And, no, I'm not joking. People could use it for that.

4. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

LOL, true!

There are tripods for the iPhone, but they're not within the normal aspect of an iPhone assessors - They could be for anything basically, they don't look like an Apple product. I tend to stick my current iPhone behind, around boxes just to get it to stand well. Basically what you said.

Not only for timed shots, but it'd be cool for motion photography.

5. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

7. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'd be afraid of my tripod tripping over with that.

8. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

With a really small tripod it might be an issue. Mine is pretty beefy and the legs can go way out. The phone is very light.

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Ummmm..... that's what she said?

10. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

Nice.

11. Jessica Lares thread starter macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, yeah. I get you. I think it's still an issue if it's beefy though, at least my tripod is.