Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Original poster
I just remembered that I dreamt I got an iPhone last night. You know how weird dreams are - it wasn't a normal store, and they handed them out, there were only a few people there. Then you went to a computer that was more like a video game terminal, the big, old PacMan type, and set your iPhone in a cradle where it synced information with your computer.

Later in the dream, I was out with friends and left the phone at home, despite my being excited about owning one.

Anyone else dream about the purchase experience?!

BTW I wonder if the AT&T employees will cheer like the Apple Store employees do when someone makes a big purchase?

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Don't leave home WITH your iPhone??

... Later in the dream, I was out with friends and left the phone at home, despite my being excited about owning one....

the problem with the iPhone will be wondering if it's safe to take it WITH you when you go out!

JosiahPB

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2004
Grinnell
I dreamt that I had one! I didn't buy it...I just sort of had it. I remember it being slow to load web pages....:(

lokey

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2003
Sadly enough I've also had a dream about the iPhone...
I was walking through the mall with my wife and a large group of people were watching as an Apple Store employee was setting up a queue rope for the iPhone launch later that day. The group of people were inquiring about the iPhone and the employee mentioned he had one in his pocket and a few asked him to show it off. He was reluctant at first but eventually decided to listen to the crowds demand. So he reached in his pocket and pulled out the iPhone which was the size of a shoebox. I mean, it was huge... it couldn't have fit in his pocket... it was weird. Some people were still impressed and others were looking at each other confused. Then I turned to my wife and said something about how I'd wasted 6 months in anticipation of it.

...I guess it was more of a nightmare.

David R

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2003
Orlando, FL
I can't believe I'm going to break my mostly lurker status to post this but I'll do it.

The other night I dreamt that I was getting ready to purchase the iPhone online and I couldn't find the "Buy" button on any website.

In the meanwhile people around me also on computer terminals were entering their credit card numbers and talking about how lucky they were to be able to get one before they sell out.

The thing is that I'm not obsessed with it and I still don't know if I'll get it.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
I actually dreamt about the iPhone just last night. Was in an AT&T store and they were setting up display models on the wall. I remember thinking to myself "Wait, that's not right, it's a free-standing thing!" Also they were bigger in my dream than they are in real life (based on the dimensions we've seen).

Can't wait... must get one...

NJDevils44

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2006
Sadly, two.

One where my friend had it and gave it to me in school.

The other where I just had it and was walking around with it...

damn when i woke up i was furious...

lilnyc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I dreamt about it a lot, but that's because I spent all night and day in these darn iPhone forums. :D

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
I have. I probably would too if it wasn't for cingular.

1) Cingular = crap

2) I already have verizon

Its not worth the money of the plan change AND the money for the thing. Maybe next generation. If only verizon didn't turn the iphone down...

sportsfanMAW

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2006
i had one a while ago where my friend had one and let me use it in english class and then i had one last night where i just remembered i had the prototype one and was like o hey im gonna see wut the camera app does, and when i opened it, it was just a normal camera app and i was like well that was dumb and put it away.

Schnebar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
California
I was laughing at this thread for a while then realized that I have had an iPhone dream.

I was in math class and the teacher had one and I went up and looked at it.

I didn't want to make a scene so i just asked if I could see it.

I didn't know what to do with it so I just took a picture of something in the room then gave it back.

sonicboom

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2006
I too have had an iPhone dream.

The thing attacked me in a back alley... emptied my wallet, and then raped me every month for two years.

Apr 10, 2007
ha weird I had a dream about it last night

I was going to the mall to pick it up and the apple store looked like a star bucks and there was a line like all the way around the mall going into the store, I was surprised because I don't expect anyone to wait out for it, the guy that worked there said he had 2000 in the store but I didnt feel like waiting so I went home

itsallinurhead

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2007
Southern California
I just remembered that I dreamt I got an iPhone last night. You know how weird dreams are - it wasn't a normal store, and they handed them out, there were only a few people there. Then you went to a computer that was more like a video game terminal, the big, old PacMan type, and set your iPhone in a cradle where it synced information with your computer.

Later in the dream, I was out with friends and left the phone at home, despite my being excited about owning one.

Anyone else dream about the purchase experience?!

BTW I wonder if the AT&T employees will cheer like the Apple Store employees do when someone makes a big purchase?

I have never heard an apple employee cheer after a large purchase. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.