iPhone So who's dropping their jailbreak for the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jman13, Sep 12, 2012.

  1. Jman13 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2011
    Location:
    Columbus, OH
    #1
    I'm very torn. I can upgrade to a 32GB iPhone 5 for about $99 (I can get $200 for my wife's 16GB 4, she'd get my 32GB 4S, and I'd get the 5).

    However, I really don't know if I can live without NCSettings, FolderEnhancer and, yes, my themes, for however long it takes for an untethered jailbreak to come out for the iPhone 5.

    What are all of you doing?
     
  2. DirtySocks85, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

    DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

    DirtySocks85

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2009
    Location:
    Wichita, KS
    #2
    I'm going ahead and getting a 5. I'm upgrading from a 4, so the upgrade is decently substantial. I'm going to miss some of my jailbreak extensions, but I think I'll learn to live without them for a while. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long and there will be a jailbreak for the 5 right around the corner. (wishful thinking)
     
  3. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

    bmwhd

    Joined:
    May 22, 2008
    #3
    Same here. I will bid what I hope will be a temporary goodbye to my beloved JB tweaks as I can't resist LTE and more screen.

    It's going to suck not having SBSettings most of all. Oh, and folder icons and tethering and on and on.
     
  4. Jman13 thread starter macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2011
    Location:
    Columbus, OH
    #4
    I think I've decided to go ahead ang get the 5. I'll miss those tweaks, but I can survive until the 5 is jail broken. Maybe we'll get lucky and the current exploit will work right away!
     
  5. snook911 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2007
    Location:
    Yorba Linda, CA
    #5
    Sold my heavily modded Jailbroken Iphone 4S over a month ago to ensure i got a good price. I got $550 for a 32GB model so I was happy with that. Been using my old jailbroken 3G stuck back on 3.0 so I will be happy to be going to the 5 even if it is stock :rolleyes: Might put the old 3G up for sale and see what kind of price I can get for it.
     
  6. labman macrumors 604

    labman

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    Mich near Detroit
    #6
    I'll wait abet let you guys have 1st hands on then if I decide to go with it I'll sell it when the official factory unlocks are released. Since I'm still under contract that makes the most sense if I decide to upgrade. Also by that time we will know what kind of a jailbreak challenge it's going to present.
     
  7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

    TriJetHero

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Location:
    World
    #7
    Same as Labman, waiting for the factory unlock (and hopefully jailbreak by than).
     
  8. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

    sagar4995

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2012
    Location:
    Dubai, UAE
    #8
    im writing from Dubai, UAE. iphone 5 won't be here till probablly november atleast. it'll be selling in the grey market for atrocious prices!! a brand new 4s costed around AED 2600, when it released in UAE officially. But before the official release it was being sold in grey market for AED 7500!!!!! madness basically.

    so looking at that, and considering im on the 4, ill wait till around november. by then the 5 will already be out (hopefully) and so will the jailbreak. ill get em both at the same time, and sell my 4 for maybe AED 1000-1500. thats my POA! :rolleyes:

    US$ 1 = AED 3.65
     
  9. chokem macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 7, 2012
    Location:
    Searcy, AR
    #9
    I'll probably upgrade to the 5 when a stable JB becomes available. Right now I'm running Absinthe with 5.1.1 on my 4S, and this is by far the smoothest JB I've ever had, I don't want to give up my jailbreak.
     
  10. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2012
    #10
    Im upgrading from a JB 3GS, so the jump is pretty big. I'll have to suffer for a few months JB-less.
     
  11. Sital macrumors 68000

    Sital

    Joined:
    May 31, 2012
    Location:
    New England
    #11
    I'm not upgrading until January, so maybe a jailbreak will be out by then. Even if it isn't, I'm still upgrading. I like my jailbroken phone, but there aren't any tweaks I can't live without.
     
  12. Greg 78 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2012
    #12
    I phone 5

    my buddy who is getting the i phone 5 says he is staying with 5.1.1. is that possible to do since a lot of Cydia stuff is only 5.1.1 compatible ? I'm not sure if the new 5 will come preloaded with IOS 6 but can't you just stay with IOS 5.1.1 in order to keep the new ip5 jailbroken ?
     
  13. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

    PsstGreek

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2010
    Location:
    Tampa Bay
    #13
    The new iPhone 5 will be coming with iOS 6 installed. There is no way possible for it to have iOS 5.1.1 on it.
     
  14. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2009
    #14
    I have the 4S, my upgrade has been ready since February 2012. I will upgrade to the 5, but still continue to use my heavily modded 4S for a while
     
  15. brayhite macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2010
    Location:
    N. Kentucky
    #15
    Native Siri (I got tired of messing with the Russian servers, blah blah), larger screen, LTE/HSPA+ >>>> my jailbroken iPhone 4.

    Though I will be reverting back to a jailbreak as soon as the untethered version is released, there's just too much the iPhone 5 has over my 4 that either jailbreak can replicate or doesn't work as nicely IMO.
     
  16. F123D macrumors 68040

    F123D

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2008
    Location:
    Del Mar, CA
    #16
    I REALLY love my jailbroken iPhone 4 but I saw no reason to pay $30 for 3GB of 3G when I can pay the same $30 for 5GB of 4G LTE. So I ended up upgrading.

    I'll patiently wait for an untethered jailbreak. Will miss my lockinfo greatly.
     
  17. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

    swoosh0217

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2007
    Location:
    NW
    #17
    I am perfectly fine with my heavily tweaked 32GB 4S. I will go to the apple store and play around with their models as soon as they are available.

    If I can determine that stock iPhone 5 is good enough to replace my heavily tweaked 4S, then I'll go ahead and wait for the unlock version late October.
     
  18. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    UK
    #18
    I' m getting real close to ordering the iphone 5.. In order to do that I will sell/recycle my jailbroken iPhone 4.

    Why I see myself letting go of my JB iPhone 4 so easily, is because my iPad 3 is jailbroken, so i'll still get my tweaking fix there and I'm really starting to feel the sluggishness of my 4.

    I WILL miss features like navigate from maps, folderEnhancer, ask to call, ask to send, zephyr.. And other stuff... But I guess with the new iOS 6 maps, navigate from maps won't be needed again.

    Anyway, I'll decide in the morning.
     
  19. TJone macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2010
    #19
    I am going to miss the JB on my IP4 but can't wait for the IP5 I preordered. It will suck waiting for the JB (hopefully it will come at some point but no guarantee I know). I feel like the IP5 is a big upgrade from the 4 but losing the JB is a big downgrade until the a JB is released. Lets see I am hoping for the best. I will miss the most bitesms, NCSettings, DashboardX, IntelliscreenX, callbar, folder enhancer, open notifier, wow why did I upgrade again? Haha
     
  20. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

    Justinb51

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2010
    Location:
    Indianapolis, IN
    #20
    Every year I get the new iphone, suffer with out my jailbreak. I then tell myself that when the new phone comes out the following year i will wait to upgrade till the new jailbreak comes out. then every year i still get the new phone when it comes out again.

    This year is no different.
     
  21. Dkorda macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    #21
    My heavily modified JB 4S works killer for me. Once JB for iPhone 5 is released, it will be time to get one.
     
  22. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

    MrThompsonR

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2009
    #22

    Ditto.... I use too many j/b apps and would hate going back to stock IOS, I can wait.... same as I did when I went from my iPhone 3G to iPhone 4. Plus I think the stock look is out dated, I prefer to theme...
     
  23. Dkorda macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    #23
    I am sure there's a couple things fixed in iOS 6 that my JB has. Such as multiple signatures for each account and FT over cell (Verizon)... But I need some occasional free tether.

    So I'll wit, plus the price and stocks will be better in a month or so.
     
  24. LoLife macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2010
    Location:
    Reno, NV
    #24
    Waiting also until the jailbreak comes out for the 5. I made the jumped on the i4 and hated it. Missed bitesms and sbsettings too much then and now there is even more I don't think it would be worth it for me. Just wait for the jailbreak hopefully is very soon. Pretty excited for the 5
     
  25. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

    Dwalls90

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2009
    #25
    I am.

    By the time I'm getting sick of vanilla iOS 6 and the new phone feeling wears off, the JB will likely be released :cool:
     

Share This Page