So, who's going to help me mock-up this Mac touch (tablet)!?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mac Fly (film), Nov 3, 2008.

1. Mac Fly (film) macrumors 65816

Mac Fly (film)

Only experienced PS users need apply.

I am convinced Apple are going to make a touch screen tablet, I like to call Mac touch. Just search Google images for the term: "Mac touch", and you'll see that first image there (earth from above) that's my old tablet mockup I slapped together a long while back.

I'm going to put the improved mockup (yet to be created) up on this domain I acquired a while back - MactouchFTW(.com), and I'm not going to do anything else with the site, simply the image, it's dimensions and realistic specs I think this tablet will have. I envision the actual Apple made product being a Macworld 2010 demo and release, there's a lot of work yet to be done. I have some specific instructions for any takers on exactly what I want (I'd pay you if I had the money), I'm afraid I don't have quite the PS talent to create what I'm looking for, and don't worry, you'll be credited for your work. Who knows, someday there may be a discussion forum under that domain for this tablet, and be sure you'll get at least some sort of moderator privileges.

Here's the updated version:

(those dimensions weren't picked out of the air, I made cut-outs to get them close to accurate. Mac touch is even scaled correctly to iPhone)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll add instructions on precisely what I want later, from a design POV, I'm just waiting to see is there any interest first from you guys. And please don't use the word spam. I don't own an iPod nano, a shuffle, an iMac and iPhone for nothing you know :D

And yes, this tablet IS coming.

2. Bwilky macrumors regular

I know you said don't reply unless your an experienced pser. But no, this tablet is not coming. No1 will pay for a full touch mac computer with no keyboard.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

what pisses me off is when people that make these concepts, it always looks like a damn iPhone but stretched, pixels get fixed, BUT APPLE IS MORE CREATIVE.

If they release one, then it won't look like a damn big iPhone. :mad:

4. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

5. Bwilky macrumors regular

But it's a stretched iphone?

6. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Is Apple still using Myriad?

Typing on that would be a bitch. Just imagine sitting on your couch and it's on your lap, or holding that big ass thing in one hand while typing.

This is a utilitarian nightmare, but it's cool to look at.

This is why the iPhone wins the internet. Too bad I don't have one.

7. Bwilky macrumors regular

Especially with the latest viewing angle issues.

8. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Yet another reason why it would fail. If anything it would be portrait ratio instead of horizontal, like the Amazon Kindle.

9. Mac Fly (film) thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac Fly (film)

You do have an arm or two right? Turn Mac touch - motion sensor, UI changes to portrait. Problem not only served, but it's part of the design. Anyway, the Kindle is not a computer with a desktop, and this will have a rest on the back, pop it out and place Mac touch on a desk where it'll rest at 18 degrees ready for use in landscape mode. The education market comes to mind.

10. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

Make it look like a cross between the new MB screen and the aluminum tapered case of the MBA... That sounds a little more like what Apple would produce.

11. Mac Fly (film) thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac Fly (film)

Yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind. But I have other specifics in mind too - like how the rear rest would look and work, and subtle rubber (almost invisible) plain looking grips on the back for when carrying Mac touch or couch surfing.

I have make up some sketches and add them here later to try to get this mockup moving. PM me anyone interested in helping me create this thing; the 3 dimensional version.

12. pbaskakov macrumors newbie

Well soon there wont be need for concepts.

I have recently heard from a reliable source who has predicted the new iPhone £g features and looks 3 month in advance, who has told the exact shape and color of the new computers before they came out. And now he advised me not to buy a new mac until January when the tablet mac is going to come out.!!! Thats why there are no new products now and there will be no laptop upgrades, maybe silent ones. Because the tablet is arriving or should arrive soon they are working on it as we speak!

13. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

2 problems with your logic here dude.
    1) There just were laptop upgrades like a coupla weeks ago (just go to www.apple.com to see them lol
    2) I don't believe you...y would apple make something that nobody will buy? And knowing apple, the tablet would be ridiculously expensive, so there would not be that much of a market for it.

14. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Let's say they price it at $600, I'm more than sure some people looking for OS X on the go, but don't have the cash for a laptop will jump on it. It may be Apple's idea of a netbook.

15. pbaskakov macrumors newbie

thanks! now maybe they wont release it on January, but they sure are working on it write now. You can say anything you want but I believe my source.

16. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You don't know that.

The general consensus is that OS XI will be fully multitouch. The keyboard and mouse are dead. It will all be touch in 15 years, max.

And I want the MacTablet, just make it a 12" screen so that we can HAVE a decent-sized keyboard while remaining decently portable (ghost of the 12" PowerBook, anyone?")

17. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

$600??!!? It's gotta be more expensive than that lol. The iPhone is $300...

18. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Release date changed so quickly?

Makes perfect sense if it's based on iPhone OS, which I'm sure a mini-tablet will be.

19. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Google Modbook. Take note of the fact that that company is still in business.

20. Mac Fly (film) thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac Fly (film)

$600? Try $999, or more.