so whos ready for folders on their ipad!?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CrAkD, Aug 31, 2010.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I have 1 page of folders on my iPhone 4 and im loving it. but now when I go back to my ipad I get annoyed scrolling thru like 6 pages of apps haha. do you guys think folders will act the same on the ipad?

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I'm pretty sure it will be similar, if not exactly the same. Why would they change it?

Personally, I prefer the jailbreak/Categories+CategoriesSB implementation--no limitation on number of app within folders, no limitation on folders within folders, and it fills the whole screen rather than using such a small portion of the available real estate. Oh, and I can choose my own icon for the folder. I like it so much better, I stopped using the built in option on the iPhone 4 and went with the same setup there.

But ANY organization option is better than just moving apps by category onto different springboards. Once I got past fifty or so apps, that got old really fast. LOL

3. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

well I figure they would change it cause the ipad has a much bigger screen so theyd probably allow more apps in each folder. I like the stock look. but I did install infinifolders so there is no limit to apps in folders on my iPhone 4.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Give me folders or I leave apple forever. Like ever.

5. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

I'm definitely looking forward to folders. The number of Apps on my iPad seems to have exploded recently!

6. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

I know I'm looking forward to having folders. The only problem is that all my apps fit in three categories, so I will have one very empty looking screen :rolleyes:

7. johndoe588 macrumors regular

You said it perfectly. One of the best reasons to jailbreak an iPad. I've got 6 folders in the dock and it's nice to be able to switch between them. I recently put 4.0 on my 3GS and still prefer Catagories/SB.

John B.

8. BMP84 macrumors regular

BMP84

It's all I've wanted since the iPhone launched, I'm a scroller hater.

Folders and fast app switching, ehmmm, I mean multitasking would complete my iPad.

And who could forget native printing!

I :apple: my iPad.

9. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

Need dem folders.

It was demonstrated in the keynote: exactly the same functionality.

10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I want folders.... I need folders.....

I'm not wanting to jailbreak.

I haven't updated the 3 touches ini the house because i don't want to curse at the two ipads when they dont have the folders....

Gee, I wonder which will come first, folders or a finalized divorce? I've been waiting for the divorce longer....

11. Maziar macrumors 6502

Ye si definitely need folders, it's the best way to keep my apps more organized

12. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Attached Files:

13. powersurge macrumors member

Agreed I need them. Its one of the reasons I'm annoyed at having to wait for the OS update. All of my icon slots are full. If I want to buy anything else I'll have to use the search box :(

14. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

15. SonGoku v2.5 macrumors member

I feel so underwhelmed about iOS 4.2, because of the implementation of multitasking and folders. I figured that so much more would be done with all the screen real estate, but it's same ol' same ol' as far as I can tell. I just hope that they don't limit each folder to 12 apps like on the iPhone. Make it unlimited and I'd at least feel content.:D

The best part about today as far as the iPad goes was wifi printing. Now that should have been there from day one, but I'll be glad to have it officially.

16. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

I expected something a bit nicer, not a copy of the iPhone version of folders.
    Nevertheless I will love to use folders